A Rant about FWD: emails

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
People that feel this unabashed need to forward every single stupid email they get to everyone on their email list.... (do you really think EVERYONE needs to see it?)

I have filters that black ball anything with FWD in the subject....

arghhhh..... I am learning to hate email....

one e-mail address for some people another e-mail address for contests and annoying people like myself.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I have been thinking about returning the favor to the original sender with a small "payload" :whistle: with my luck they would have a backup of their contacts database

if you block it...why does it bother you?:poke:

....oh, and please forward this to 10 people in the next 4 years and nothing will happen

I can jump on this wagon. :cheerleader: Is it too much trouble to check the addresses it was already sent to? So the person you sent it to at the same time you sent it me does not send to me again? Ahhh!

Or if you do decide to forward the message, please strip off the eleventy-billion other forwards/email addresses that are on the message!

I feel ya on this one man I really hate FWD Emails especially when it is those chain mail those thing really piss me off and I can not understand why people feel the need to forward those damn things

Or if you do decide to forward the message, please strip off the eleventy-billion other forwards/email addresses that are on the message!

AMEN Brother!

This also irritates me

you get an email forwarded to you....then some jerk off that list responds to it and hits the "reply to all" button!

I like the ones that are inspirational. I just strip off the "send to 10 people in the next 4 minutes or you will have really bad luck for the next decade" kind. :laugh: The rest, well I just hit delete. :whistle:

I wish I was popular and someone would send me an email every once and a while.

I hate the popular girls with their long blonde hair and long sexy smooth legs and soft red lips and sexy little ripped clothes and their beautiful colored eyes and I think Im getting turned on now so Im going to stop there.:whistle:

Sorry Im bored.

Ill go away now.:cheerleader:

I've recently gone HARDCORE on email. I treat it somewhat like paper mail - as a singularly existing object. I process the inbound and delete permenantly. Things I send, I delete the SENT item since it has been passed on. I don't keep backup copies for "Proof" that the other person is an idiot and lost it, or "just in case" stock piling for the future. I have one extra folder called KEEP, for important storage like extended family contact info and resumes etc.

Otherwise, my email is MOSTLY empty. This is a new paradigm for an I.T. guy like me, but BOY, OH BOY is it mentally freeing!

Our society lives in information overload - and it is hurting our brains - and we wonder why. This works great for me, and is emotionally, mentally and spiritually freeing. Been doing it for about 2 years now with nothing but positive results.

i hate that stupid stuff. i dont even read anything that has fwrd in the title. i just delete it. its always my mom and sister. i NEVER send anything like that unless its USEFUL info. not entertainment. it bugs me so i dont do it.

My sister loves to FWD stuff, unfortunately she has no concept of antivirus, spyware, adware etc. You should see the nice crap I find on her pc when I run a scan for her. If she sends one with an attachment, I delete it.

Oh and her finances have been compromised in the past, talk about sticking your hand in the flame over and over.

Last edited:
I've recently gone HARDCORE on email. I treat it somewhat like paper mail - as a singularly existing object. I process the inbound and delete permenantly. Things I send, I delete the SENT item since it has been passed on. I don't keep backup copies for "Proof" that the other person is an idiot and lost it, or "just in case" stock piling for the future. I have one extra folder called KEEP, for important storage like extended family contact info and resumes etc.

Otherwise, my email is MOSTLY empty. This is a new paradigm for an I.T. guy like me, but BOY, OH BOY is it mentally freeing!

Our society lives in information overload - and it is hurting our brains - and we wonder why. This works great for me, and is emotionally, mentally and spiritually freeing. Been doing it for about 2 years now with nothing but positive results.

Sounds great and I wish I could do it... but I have that boss who always says "When did you send that?" :p

Back