A quick trip to NW Indiana-moms 87th B-day

S-R Racing

Registered
This past weekend I was lucky enough to make it back home to Michigan City IN, for my moms 87th birthday. On mothers day (5/10) I told her I'd be sending her a card for her b-day and left it at that- I then made plans with my sister to make sure this would be a total surprise and left here on Thursday,21st @ noon and arrived around 7pm. Friday morning we got everything together and headed to the nursing home. Upon arriving I went to the dining hall with the cake and hid behind the door as my sister wheeled my mom in to her usual table. I then stepped out from behind the door and asked my mom if she would be upset if she didn't get a card from me this year- she then let out a "OMG, its Johnny!" that could be heard at the other end of the building. I haven't seen my mom in almost 4 years, as we hugged we both broke into tears. Last time I seen mom she was walking with a cane,after falling at home 2 times,my sister realized she couldn't handle taking care of mom so she ended up placing my mom in a home since last Nov. The little boy with my sis is my new nephew, Jack. Because of health problems she adopted him, he's great too. Mom is sharp as a tack still, asking me if I'd be home next year for her 4th 22nd birthday:lol: I'm truly blessed to have both my folks around and in good health. At 84, my dad is still working for the State of KY Dept of mental health as a psychiatrist in Hopkinsville:thumbsup: Well heres some pics

opps

moms87th bday 001.jpg

moms87th bday 002.jpg

moms87th bday 003.jpg

moms87th bday 004.jpg

moms87th bday 006.jpg

moms87th bday 005.jpg

Heres some of the beach and Lake Michigan & the old house.

Sorry Randy, I was short on time-maybe next time:beerchug:

moms87th bday 008.jpg

moms87th bday 009.jpg

moms87th bday 010.jpg

moms87th bday 011.jpg

moms87th bday 012.jpg

moms87th bday 014.jpg

moms87th bday 015.jpg

Those are awesome John. Thank you for sharing. Mom's are truly special. :thumbsup:

Those are awesome John. Thank you for sharing. Mom's are truly special. :thumbsup:

Amen to that Bro! At 87, I'm lucky for every single day- I just wish I was closer to home. As a teenager, I put both my folks though alot of hell. I'm so lucky to still share some time with them:please:

Thats cool John. I just went down to Georgia a few months ago to visit my 92 year old father who lives alone.

I haven't seen my mom in almost 4 years, as we hugged we both broke into tears.

Don't wait so long You are very lucky to still have your parents . Plese make it a priority to see them while you still can ! Tell her Happy Birthday from me!:bowdown:

Thats cool John. I just went down to Georgia a few months ago to visit my 92 year old father who lives alone.
Thats great Hal, the fact that your Dad is still indipendent enough to live on his own @92 is amazing:thumbsup:
Don't wait so long You are very lucky to still have your parents . Plese make it a priority to see them while you still can ! Tell her Happy Birthday from me!:bowdown:

Thats a promise,everytime I finished talking to her on the phone during the last several years, and especially since last Nov., saying goodby and I love you, would bring me to tears because I never knew if that was the last time we would speak- when I left Saturday, I think it took me an hour just to say my goodbys:laugh:I will tell mom happy b-day from ya, just a kind word goes so far.....:bowdown:

John , I am really glad you finally made it back to see her. You are very lucky to have both parents that are vibrant and full of life. Make it up there more often if you can. Looks like Mom missed you real bad !! I am happy for you Bro !!! :thumbsup:

OK DUDE, you was 40 miles from me and no phone call to go ride, and I rode all day saturday sunday and monday
:rulez:
:poke: 574 255 3714 home 574 904 8146 cell
todd

next time you come up you can stay at my house and save on a hotel

John , I am really glad you finally made it back to see her. You are very lucky to have both parents that are vibrant and full of life. Make it up there more often if you can. Looks like Mom missed you real bad !! I am happy for you Bro !!! :thumbsup:

My brother, my friend, you are so right. Driving out of the parking lot, I had to say a quick prayer and give thanks for allowing me the time to get up there and being able to spend most of Fri. & several hours on Sat. before I hit the road back to MO. We have so much in common with our folks- all those ass beatings- we never deserved:rofl: Now I'm thankful for every single one. We've come along ways bro, where would we be now with out their 'guiding' hand:laugh:....

That was really nice of you, what a son.. She will always remember that.. Happy Birthday Mom..:cheerleader:

You, young lady, are a prime example of what makes a mothers love beyond compare. Thank You:bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup: on my part after all is said and done, I am more than a bit ashamed that I couldn't find 12 hours of travel and $80 in gas to see the one that has made SO MANY sacrifices to make my life what it is today :banghead:

OK DUDE, you was 40 miles from me and no phone call to go ride, and I rode all day saturday sunday and monday
:rulez:
:poke: 574 255 3714 home 574 904 8146 cell
todd

next time you come up you can stay at my house and save on a hotel

Yea, I know. It was in the back of my mind but for this trip, I only had one priority-MOM:laugh: Although now I have several promises to keep,so on my next trip that way(sometime this fall) I'll be bringing the busa on the back of the tundra. Todd, thank you for the invite, I've already added you cell & home # to my contacts. I used to be out your way as a teenager every Sunday to race at Buds BMX in Elhkart & Fri. nites at Redbud in MI,for about 5 years straight. Now that I can say I've got a couple of 'riding buddys back home', which really sounds good the more I think about it,I'll be sure to give ya a ring:thumbsup: Again, thanks for the invite Todd,maybe you could meet my mom if we would get over that way. :beerchug:

My brother, my friend, you are so right. Driving out of the parking lot, I had to say a quick prayer and give thanks for allowing me the time to get up there and being able to spend most of Fri. & several hours on Sat. before I hit the road back to MO. We have so much in common with our folks- all those ass beatings- we never deserved:rofl: Now I'm thankful for every single one. We've come along ways bro, where would we be now with out their 'guiding' hand:laugh:....

We would be dead or in prison ! Had some great times along the way Brother !!:laugh:

Back