A Question from a rookie to the board managers...

money mike

Registered
Gentlemen,
Under the "Performance" Column on the main page, you have the forums...
Dyno Kings
Riding Gear
Turbo and
Nitrous.

From what i see on the board, there is alot of talk about big bore and stoking. Possibly even as much as nitrous!?! I know that I most definently would love to see a new forum entitled "Big Bore"!!!!! I could be completely off, as previously stated... I'm just a rookie but i definently believe this to be worth your consideration:please::bowdown::please:
Mike

as in big bore no power adders?

???are you asking ME a question or the manaement? if me, i don't understand... what falls under power adders other than nitrous and turbo... unless you're saying big bore ONLY... inwhich case i think that is a great idea... the other boards are dedicated to nitrous or turbo... why not one dedicated to big bores... but of course if someone has a question about compression ratios for turboing a 1441.... THIS WOULD BE THE PLACE TO GO!!!
:newbie:

I was just throwing out bigger than stock bore motor only deals...it seems that there is plenty info to cater to a big bore guy/girl minus the no2 and turbo...there could be bore, rod, piston, and head work combos to talk about...but at the same time divulging secrets would probably not happen....but general info is always worth discussing. It would benefit others looking for a shop to do the build and link up the guys / girls that have similar builds. Progress is usually beneficial.

Maybe one just engine work related not big bore specific. Heads cams springs bore stroke and etc all cover in one then if need be sub cat those.
Posted via Mobile Device

Usually all the nitrous, turbo and bigbore are grouped together.

I think it would be a pretty good idea to have just a section for Big Bore engines. There people could talk about what size of big bore would be best for them. What type of cams, pistons, rods, and crank is the best to use and where to get them from. :thumbsup:

I was just throwing out bigger than stock bore motor only deals...it seems that there is plenty info to cater to a big bore guy/girl minus the no2 and turbo...there could be bore, rod, piston, and head work combos to talk about...but at the same time divulging secrets would probably not happen....but general info is always worth discussing. It would benefit others looking for a shop to do the build and link up the guys / girls that have similar builds. Progress is usually beneficial.
Sounds like a great idea right there along what i was thinking!!!!!

Maybe one just engine work related not big bore specific. Heads cams springs bore stroke and etc all cover in one then if need be sub cat those.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good idea, so you're basically saying an "all motor" typre of forum??

Usually all the nitrous, turbo and bigbore are grouped together.
I understand that but the other two... "nitrous and turbo" Have forums dedicated to them in which the primary topic is nitrous or turbo... bore and stroke post just have to work they're way in there???

I think it would be a pretty good idea to have just a section for Big Bore engines. There people could talk about what size of big bore would be best for them. What type of cams, pistons, rods, and crank is the best to use and where to get them from. :thumbsup:
EXACTLY BIG GUY!!!!! Shared and combined knowledge that revolves around digging into that motor!!!!!!
:guns::hide::moderator:

I would like to see more info on an all motor setup. I would like to get more power from my bike and am leaning towards a mildly built motor that is setup for a turbo. I would also like to hear what guys are getting from their all motor big bore setups, what they are using for parts, and the reliability that they get from a big bore kit. :thumbsup:

See bro... i think you and i are on the same page!!!! This is exactly what i am wanting as well, but i don't think anyone is listening:dunno:

+1 on the wanting just a Big Bore Category No spray, no turbo. Just motor and exhaust w/PC of course. Would be nice instead of having sift through all the other with different variations of it. Nice Idea.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Let's do it!!! Somebody direct the Administrators to this post.... But with 215 views... I'm sure they've already seen it

See, I thought "Engine and Performance MODs" covered this... and the lighter performance MODs were simply under "Busa MODs" right above it.

See, I thought "Engine and Performance MODs" covered this... and the lighter performance MODs were simply under "Busa MODs" right above it.
I do see what you're saying, however, i think that big bore and opening up the motor is a topic that is common enough to have it's own thread??

Back