A question for the gix 1000 owners out there do

The Big Red One

Registered
Just wondering if the 1000's need the plastic pulled off to change the oil like the busa. Somebody told me you can reach the filter without removing any plastics. Thanks for any and all feedback
wink.gif

You can do it without removing the fairing, but I always remove the left side so I can clean off the header when i'm done.

(black954 @ Jul. 31 2007,13:41) You can do it without removing the fairing, but I always remove the left side so I can clean off the header when i'm done.
Thanks for the response 954
wink.gif
good to know

You can definitely change the oil without taking off the fairing. Just be carefull so the wrench doesn't smack your plastic. I put my finger in the way just so it doesn't scratch the plastic or dent it. Take it slow and easy and the filter come off without having to remove the fairings.

That's one thing I love about the new gixxer 1000, ease of maintanance. Oil change complete in 10 min.

(black954 @ Jul. 31 2007,16:41) You can do it without removing the fairing, but I always remove the left side so I can clean off the header when i'm done.
Very true. I did my first change with fairing on. The second with it off. It is very easy to get the sides off.

Back