A proper introduction

lasynth

Registered
Heyas, gang -

First off, thanks for previous responses to my other threads on looking for a Busa.  It's helped lead be being closer to owning.  When I get it (hopefully next weekend), this will be my 6th sportbike.  History: CB125 > GPZ 550 > Ninja 600R (2) > GSXR 750 (3 of various years - 2 stolen  
sad.gif
 )  So the Busa will be lucky 7  
smile.gif

I almost drove away on my new '06 yesterday, but had a sudden pang of responsibility.  The dealer asked "Say, if something happens will your current insurance cover it?"  (Erm, I don't know.  Okay, hold on to it, I'll get back to you. Grr.)  It's a red/black and it's off the floor and in the back, ready for prep pending an insurance check and me feeling secure about where it will spend it's nights.

Unfortunately I don't have a garage, but what I do have is an enclosed patio with outside locked (will be adding inside lock as well) gate.  On the other hand, I can drive it right into the living room, which is where it will go when it rains.  The security part will be either U-bolts into the concrete of the patio, or chaining the thing to one of the trees.  (Also, if anyone else has any thoughts on *no pick-up and walk away* type security, I'd love to hear em).

Anyway, enough of the long wind... Thanks for everything so far and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Synth

<embed src="http://widget-b9.slide.com/widgets/slideticker.swf" quality="high" scale="noscale" salign="l" wmode="transparent" flashvars="site=widget-b9.slide.com.com&channel=72057594039285945&cy=ms&il=1" width="600" height="200" name="flashticker" align="middle"/>
<div style="width:600;text-align:left"> Get Your Own! | View Slideshow[/Quote]

We'll save the congrats until you let us know you have it! Good luck.

The chains wont stop thieves,I'd keep it indoors in the house.:;):

Mine stays inside my house & when not at home I have a Scorpio Paging alarm. It gives a little extra piece of mind. and then of course full coverage insurance.

I you go with chains get a big one, a least strong enough to hold up a house.

I guess I live in a safer part of the world than you guys. Mine stays in my unlocked garage with the keys in it. (OPPS--I guess I shouldn't have said that huh?)!!!

The chains wont stop thieves,I'd keep it indoors in the house.:;):
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Welcome !</span> <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>+1 !</span> Chains are useless , every good thief has bolt cutters . Best deal is " out of sight , out of mind " ! She'll look GREAT parked next to the T.V.
biggrin.gif

they make a wheel chock/locking mechanism that bolts into concrete, dunno who makes it-do a search on here you might find something, otherwise put up a thread about what folks use n ask for pics, n see what you like.

welcome to the .org!
smile.gif

Back