A proper greeting! My new (to me) 2006 Hayabusa

phreak9i6

Registered
I picked up a 2006 hayabusa last month, it was super low miles (2400) but the exterior was a bit rough. missing fairings, sat in storage for 3 year, stuff falling on it in storage, etc.

Some of the awesome folks here gave me great advice and I took a bit of a risk in buying it. I think it was well worth it.

I got a sweet deal and started bringing her back to glory.

Here she is at the dealership getting a once over prior to purchase, they inform me she's mechanically in great shape, but of course exterior is rough.

zq2V6a4.jpg

TYqRRVc.jpg

Hvkle9n.jpg

When I finally got her home, I spent a couple hours wet sanding and buffing out the terribly scuffed up tank, it looks brand spanking new (minus a few dents). BTW does anyone know how to remove dents from tanks without mangling the paint?

RO69NIh.jpg

Took a trip to Lake Tahoe with the bike, testing out the KeyPort Slide. My keys had already started scratching up the triple tree top. This thing is fantastic! Also a peek of the new levers (the clutch was actually half broken off).

BXsQnuh.jpg

Lake View!

SVKQLL6.jpg

New sleeves from Yoshimura! OMG the work involved in drilling/riveting/packing!!! Debadged too!

KrCz9Xl.jpg

Finally the Auctmart aftermarket ABS fairings arrived. I'm stunned at this price the paint and fit are really impressive (8/10)!! They also included a rear hump and mounting bracket.

9wm4TPn.jpg

And the front with new turn signals from Pashnit. The PO actually used some expanding glue **** because the stock ones he had broke. ugh!

Adhxrlw.jpg

Not sure I'm a fan of the windscreen they provided, thinking about a Carbon fiber version instead... Any suggestions?

Still waiting on a fairing bolt kit to so I can install all the remaining plastics and side fairings. More pics to follow!

Also, Hi! Nice to meet everyone! This is a great community!

Last edited:
Carbon fiber bodywork........

I quoted it out from the vendor on the site.
It's definitely in the realm of possibility later this year. In the meantime, I'm not super fond of the streetfighter busa look and the Auctmarts seem to have decent reviews, I'm pretty happy.

I quoted it out from the vendor on the site.
It's definitely in the realm of possibility later this year. In the meantime, I'm not super fond of the streetfighter busa look and the Auctmarts seem to have decent reviews, I'm pretty happy.

Finally got the fairbolts in, easyfairings has a great product, and shipped quickly!

Auctmarts fitment is pretty damn good, i did end up trimming some places with a hobby knife, nothing major.image.jpg

image.jpg

Back