A pretty telling graphic about unemployment..

Slope County North Dakota seems to be the beacon for low unemployment in the nation. I wonder what they do there?

Its actually worse then that. They only go by who is getting umemployment benifits. Some people have ran out so they are not counted.

Slope County North Dakota seems to be the beacon for low unemployment in the nation. I wonder what they do there?

run off all the drifters and motorcycle hoons :rofl:

here's their census numbers:
Historical populations
Census Pop. %±
1920 4,940 —
1930 4,150 −16.0%
1940 2,932 −29.3%
1950 2,315 −21.0%
1960 1,893 −18.2%
1970 1,484 −21.6%
1980 1,157 −22.0%
1990 907 −21.6%
2000 767 −15.4%
Est. 2009 649 −15.4%

I was born and lived in ND for 20 yrs and there has been a big oil boom believe it or not. That would be the reason there are jobs.

Its actually worse then that. They only go by who is getting umemployment benifits. Some people have ran out so they are not counted.

even worse. they also track applications in various ways (companies and through govt unemployment office) Many people stopped applying, not because they have found jobs but because they have given up on finding one.

I work 12 Hours a day in a Salaried Position..................I don't Complain. Jobs are not out there anymore. The older you get the Worst it is...........Now let's talk about Retirement :moon:

I live in Allendale County South Carolina last time thay published it this county has [I beleave ] the worst in the nation 28.7 or 28.9% unployment
I am glad to have a job The unemployed keep having more babies as a source of income
The Times thay are a changing

We've hired 4 permanent guys, using 2-6 temps, and I'm still working 10 hours a day.
We had an (approx) 18 month slow time, but now pretty much all the stainless steel shops here in the stainless capitol of the mid west are going quite well.
I'm saving ALL of my overtime, paying off credit accounts, and sleeping much better now (of course that may have something to do with 50hr weeks in the hotter'n 'ell steel shop:laugh:).
At the moment, life is good here in the sticks.:thumbsup:

sorry..i'm not impressed...i mean wtf?..the nations been in the high 9+% on average for the past several years..so paintin 1/2 the nation black for anything 10% or over is an exercise in proving a graphical demo thats been in existance for..well?..the past several years.

and im just guessin here but...i bet if ya dig deep?..this entire demo was more than likely directly or indirectly funded by the good folks at GOP. LOL!

L8R, Bill. :cool:

don't care if the GOP made it, is it accurate?

BTW- It's ABC news...that sure ain't the GOP.

What is a load of manure is the "victory lap" El Presidente'
is doing on his summer recovery tour claiming millions of jobs
SAVED or created...:bs: What a joke.

The current admin spent almost a year worrying about wealth redis...I mean healthcare...
not jobs. Which was reported that companies like AT&T would
lose a BILLION dollars (that's a lota jobs).

They continue to push Cap and Tax...for the love of God, someone try to explain
how doubling or possibly trippling our enegy costs will NOT crush the economy
both business and PERSONAL. MORE redistribution of wealth... And the Progressivecrats
can't understand why not a single Republican is on board...DUH.

:banghead::banghead:

If the govt' would get smaller and get out of the way, the economy will right
itself.

Back