A poll on Gravedigging..like it or not?

Gravedigging (bringing up long dead threads) like it or not?

• I can't stand it

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Don't mind it at all

Votes: 66 66.0%
  • Only under certain conditions

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • And of course no polls complete without (D)Hookers

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Big Red One

Registered
I've noticed lately that if you don't read the date on a thread you're posting to, alot of times the thing will be years old. Personally I think its bad forum etiquette to do a search and resurect ancient threads (with a very few exceptions ;) ).....just curious how everybody else felt about it......
BTW (D) was supposed to be H**kers....I forgot that was filtered......my bad :banghead:

Last edited:
some old threads are still good... seems like new members find good value in them (guess that shows the value of the site huh?) :)

Hey, I justed wanted to say, I lost my son 4 years ago,(2005) and his friend put his obit in here under Fallen Members, I had no clue, until 3weeks ago. The Org has been a lifeline to me. So yes,old threads need to stay. Not to mention, reading the kind thoughts from the members,it means a lot to me,and has lifted my spirits. I may not be interesting to read old threads to some members, but it maybe of some comfort to a Family,Friend,searching, or grave-digging, I hope this would be a exception. Thanks, and ride safe.

Hey, I justed wanted to say, I lost my son 4 years ago,(2005) and his friend put his obit in here under Fallen Members, I had no clue, until 3weeks ago. The Org has been a lifeline to me. So yes,old threads need to stay. Not to mention, reading the kind thoughts from the members,it means a lot to me,and has lifted my spirits. I may not be interesting to read old threads to some members, but it maybe of some comfort to a Family,Friend,searching, or grave-digging, I hope this would be a exception. Thanks, and ride safe.
Busamom you're one of the reasons I added the exceptions to the poll :thumbsup: I agree that for the right reasons some old threads should most def be brought back :beerchug:

Busamom you're one of the reasons I added the exceptions to the poll :thumbsup: I agree that for the right reasons some old threads should most def be brought back :beerchug:
Thanks so much, This Org means alot to me,Just as the old thread posted back in May of 2005,they day after I lost him, on the Busa.. I hope the Capt keeps them up, and that they are of some help to the riders.And also a reminder of how compassionate some people can be. Thanks for thinking about my son,and keeping us an exception. I'm here for all of you,just as you have been there for me..Thanks rider.. Hey, much love to ya too. ;) ride safe.:beerchug::beerchug:

anyone vain enough to complain that a thread has been resurrected probably isn't here to dish out advice in the first place....

There is some useful information in some of the older threads. For some reason, I always look at the date if the thread interests me. If it is a pointless thread then I can't see a reason to bring it back.

I'm always checking the date. I read a very long thread a few days ago that was 9 years old. None of it bothers me though.

And I'm always checking for the ladies lair now :laugh:

I like seeing the old threads, doesn't bother me at all. I can't wait to see someone type oneday, "Hey that thread is fifty years old.":thumbsup::laugh:

I only look at the date some times b4 I add a comment or question.

If I have a real comment or question, I'll post to an old thread, but I won't if all I have to add is a thumbs up or an "attaboy"

Rob

Alot of times we tell new peeps to do a search, Just because a thread is old doesn't mean it isn't relative to what they are looking for. Bringing it to the forefront will either confirm the information or new updated info will be added. Which just adds to the wealth of great info on this site.

Just because a word isn't used much, doesn't mean you take it out of the dictionary!

History gives us worth and purpose.

Alot of times we tell new peeps to do a search, Just because a thread is old doesn't mean it isn't relative to what they are looking for. Bringing it to the forefront will either confirm the information or new updated info will be added. Which just adds to the wealth of great info on this site.

Just because a word isn't used much, doesn't mean you take it out of the dictionary!

Ya beat me too it +1:beerchug:

Very well said.

NOW.... about some of the old polls.....

some are sooooo dated... :laugh:

Ive learned alot from old threads. Some of the stuff I wouldn't have thought of so wouldn't have done a search for it, but with someone else digging it up helped me.

Back