A picture with grandpa

Tetsuo1000

Registered
A1EC17A4-8ED9-4E04-BE07-78D77D697D35.jpeg

E2658633-F164-422D-99B3-5AE9563AAC88.jpeg

I read Suzuki brought out a prototype GSX700T (turbo). Maybe the new Katana platform could be a candidate for this...???

Always loved the Katana , and that is one very trick and tidy example . That swingarm is very tasty , JMC is old skool cool . We got a racing class down under running among others Katana's , TBR racing is getting 180+ bhp reliably out of the ones they build and run . Great photo of the two Suzuki beauties together .

It is a special bike, this example is my brother’s. He has put a lot into it for sure, I believe he is getting about 160 out of her and seems reliable enough. Just don’t let stuck in traffic on a hot day, needs air to keep her cool. Just like the shark it resembles, it has to keep moving.

Not to say they Busa is ugly because I always loved the look But I always thought the Big katana was fabulous in that it took chances stylingwise. I liked it then I like it now. Although that 2018 is sort of true to the original while appealing to modern ideas. I still really like that swing arm. Dang!!!

Not sure why but Suzuki sold that bike in Canada but not the US. Back when everybody got the new stuff long before it came here.
That was odd...many bikes almost didn't get to the US. My Bandit was one...at the last minute they decided it would be sold there. The '86 pictured (mine) is actually pretty stable and quick for an old bike, the best part is it has the good 'ol Suzuki reliability.

At one time the regulations to get a bike into cmthe USA were more strict that elsewhere in clouding Canada. Between the EPA and market research on American tastes on style the marketing people decided against it. We often get the European version of models still now. When we get them at all. Oddly enough, now that we have our own regulations our market is too small to make it worth bothering with doing the testing. Even though the bike meets European and US standards we don't get them. Go figure.

Back