A PASHNIT ride through Central California!!

Another shot of the view!

Img_4446-Hills.jpg

Photo by Bob

Alex along some brand new pavement along Hwy 58. Just dreamy stuff. The smile tells the story in this one. Don't need to be on the latest 1000cc hardware, even a Kawasaki Ninja 250 will do the trick.

Img_8766-Alex.jpg

The cricket oil pumps on the eastern end of the road near Taft. As far as the eye can see, these dot the surrounding land.

Img_4449-oil.jpg

Photo by Bob

And pipes everywhere to transport the oil

Img_4451-oil.jpg

Blake's DR400 is perfect for this region where oil wells stretch off to the distant hillside.

Hwy33-Blake.jpg

When we reached the oil town of Taft, Jeff was waiting for us. Jeff had ridden all the way up from LA just to spend a few hours with the group and to have lunch together. I have ridden with Jeff twice before on Pashnit Rides and it was a real pleasure to see you again Jeff!

Img_8771-Jeff.jpg

A shot of Jeff's bike from a previous Pashnit Tour.

jeff3-FR1-800.jpg

Last edited:
Still can't keep my eyes of that triangular exhaust can on Ayumi's GSXR - just plain sexy!

Img_8782-GSXR.jpg

Time to ride Highway 33

58sweep.jpg

As reached the range about to start climbing up to 5000 ft on Higway 33, two riders came up on us, a FJR & a GSXR. When they passed by, they turned right around and joined our group. Hmm, might be someone we know? Turns out it was Dale (Gixxerdale) and his brother in law Roger who had ridden up from the Simi Valley area. They fell right into formation and joined the ride.

Dale, aka Gixxerdale

Img_8790-Dale.jpg

Roger

IMG_8791.jpg

Last edited:
Patrick aboard the Honda 954

Img_8793-Patrick.jpg

The ZZR & the GSXR1000. I have ridden with two different riders on ZZR600's this year and they are very clean, very sweet looking motorcycles!

Img_8794-GSXR.jpg

Allan on the BMW R1100S

Img_8795-Allan.jpg

Pashnit Tours group reaching the first viewpoint on Higway 33 looking north.

Img_8783-Group.jpg

Last edited:
Dscf0029-Hwy33.jpg

Riders nearing the 5084 ft. Pine Mountain Summit on Hwy 33

Img_8797.jpg

Last edited:
A few miles later, we reached what is probably the most famous viewpoint along Highway 33- And has to be one of my all time favorite photos from this ride. Magazine cover stuff!

Img_8808-Frank.jpg

The riders and their bikes - what a terrific variety of bikes we had collected.

Img_8810-Bikes.jpg

If you are familiar with this particular region of California just north of Ventura, you'll recognize these shots. It's very much a favorite overlook for we motorcyclists. Btw, did I mention all that pavement down there is BRAND NEW!!!

Img_8812-Hwy33.jpg

Alex and Bob - Bob was interested in getting info from the riders about their experiences with the Pashnit Ride for his article that he's writing about the Pashnit guided tour for an upcoming issue of City Bike Magazine. ( Bob is a PhD Nuclear Astrophycist btw in his other life)

Img_8813.jpg

Dale and Patrick take in the view

Img_8814-Dale.jpg

Last edited:
Frank discussing the meaning of life with Alan

Img_4458-Alan.jpg

Img_4458-orig.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics. I love to look at your threads. I get so involved the way you narrate them it males me feel like I am there. THANKS
smile.gif

All the bikes and riders - it really was turning into a Motley Crew!

Img_8804-Group.jpg

Everyone saying Hi !!

The variety of bikes & riders really made this a unique ride!

Img_8807-Group-fullsize.jpg

Last edited:
Back