A Pashnit Adventure: Riding the Road with No Name

The wide angle - Btw, note the difference between this pic & the previous one.

This is a little technique for shooting panoramas. The one above is the normal shot. This one though, it's two portrait style pics glued together. This way, I can capture a greater sense of elevation and height. Subtle, but look once more. Try this sometime when out riding in the mountains.

Img_8383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, it has a name... Road 23S16. I will remember you, no doubt!

Road 23S16 was unique in the plethora of choices that criss-cross the Sierra Nevada, for one, it was paved. That alone was unique in a world of endless fire roads in this region. It was passable by any size motorcycle, although larger bikes, Cruisers (& Hayabusa's) will have to ride very gingerly. You'll need a sense of adventure, and a good zoom lens too. Not for everybody.

But I have to admit I'm rather addicted. You know you're out in the boonies when your road sign has a couple bullet holes in it.
tounge.gif

Img_8389-23S16-sign.jpg

tounge.gif

Nice report and pics!! Makes me remember the rides i used to take in the Sierras off of I-80 just East of Sacramento around the Lake Tahoe area and Grass Valley! I used to be stationed at Beale AFB...i miss it for the riding the most...The best rides i've ever been on so far....

Beautiful!
biggrin.gif
The gravel and dirt content on some of those backroads is a little too spooky for my tastes but the rest of it looks great!
biggrin.gif

Then again?....looking at those cool backroads makes me wanna rush out a buy a motard with some trail tires on it!!!...now "THAT" could be a blast!
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

As always, great pics and an excellent dialog to accompany them... thx for sharing.

Tim Great write up. Looks like you had a good time. We in Washington are still waiting for the big yellow thing in the sky.

Thanks for sharing. I always look foward to seeing the post from you. Beautiful scenery. Have a great year.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing tim, great write up!

Nice report and pics!!  Makes me remember the rides i used to take in the Sierras off of  I-80 just East of Sacramento around the Lake Tahoe area and Grass Valley!  I used to be stationed at Beale AFB...i miss it for the riding the most...The best rides i've ever been on so far....
+1

I live in Carson City,  NV, and frequently enjoy riding those places you mention from the east side of the Sierras!

<!--EDIT|CCbusa05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136136789 -->

Back