A parody on our current auto industry

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
There is absolutely some political garbage in here but that is not the intent of this thread. What is intended from me is the "What If" possibilities with the government in control of the auto industry... Doesn't matter to me if this said George Bush or Barak Obama, the goverment is not suited to deal with private industry... Please just wade through the personal jabs in here and just see the video as an over exaggerated "what if" the govt ran the auto industry in the future.

Last edited:
Wow....guess you have personally know about 1200 unemployed UAW people like me to NOT find this funny...guess it wouldnt be as funny if it was about cops...???

Sorry, not diggin it...MHO...

Wow....guess you have personally know about 1200 unemployed UAW people like me to NOT find this funny...guess it wouldnt be as funny if it was about cops...???

Sorry, not diggin it...MHO...

Not sure how to respond Lycan, the industry tanked, who's to blame is an whole different discussion. Regardless the government running the auto industry is not the answer.

Maybe to close to home for some but I'm not sure that even the 1200 unemployed didnt see it coming, am I right?

This should start an interesting, not heated but interesting discussion... What's the answer to the auto industry in it's current situation?

The industries' problems go way back and have nothing to do with any political spin. Producing an inferior product, failing not only to recognize the inferiority but also failure to react to changing customer needs, rediculous pension and health insurance burdens....the government helping General Motors and Chrysler stay afloat saved so many jobs it's almost impossible to imagine. It's now up to the companies to shake off the last 30 years and get back to the creativity and quality that made the U.S. industry what it used to be. The government is not running or controlling the auto industry, it simply invested in it. I'm sick of all the political separation, and like Lycan don't find the film funny at all.

I like the video. Sad but true I think with the Gov't so heavily invested in the Auto companies they will have to much control and force junk like this down our throats.

I can care less for GM future. Don`t care, period. Government can`t make it any worse as it is now.

BTW. Government giving every one $4500 for trading in you gas guzzlers plus whatever it trade in value is in exchange for fuel efficient vehicle. I guess someone can criticize that too. ( too bad I love my truck) :whistle:

I can care less for GM future. Don`t care, period. Government can`t make it any worse as it is now.

The Gov't can make it a lot worse. They can add a whole bunch of taxes to gas(like in Europe) so the our gas guzzling trucks are almost unafordable to drive thus almost forcing everyone to drive the Pelosi GTxi ss/rt sport edition. I've been to Sweden a few times and 9 out of 10 vehicles are smaller than our subcompact cars. Why because gas is almost $8/gal.

The Gov't can make it a lot worse. They can add a whole bunch of taxes to gas(like in Europe) so the our gas guzzling trucks are almost unafordable to drive thus almost forcing everyone to drive the Pelosi GTxi ss/rt sport edition. I've been to Sweden a few times and 9 out of 10 vehicles are smaller than our subcompact cars. Why because gas is almost $8/gal.

You said it.. Between fuel taxes and insurance liabilities on large vehicles with powerful engines, Europeans really get the shaft.

Back