A nice video comparison of Busa vs Zx14 with a different twist

Tached1300

Registered
I know there are plenty of these out there, but this one has a twist as it discusses things like frame design, traction control, which is easier to work on, engine design differences or suitability for added cc’s, which he prefers for a given type of riding, and has more of a drag oriented overview etc. Chris the guy in the video is a local drag racer, builder/tuner. It’s long but I like the video, you can forward ahead until about the 3:35 mark to get to the comparison prior to that he’s just unboxing a new swing arm.

I know there are plenty of these out there, but this one has a twist as it discusses things like frame design, traction control, which is easier to work on, engine design differences or suitability for added cc’s, which he prefers for a given type of riding, and has more of a drag oriented overview etc. Chris the guy in the video is a local drag racer, builder/tuner. It’s long but I like the video, you can forward ahead until about the 3:35 mark to get to the comparison prior to that he’s just unboxing a new swing arm.

I watched this earlier this morning, pretty good video.

Glad I went with owning and modding both of them , got no regrets either , except I'm broke for xmas ..... hahahah .
I like this fella from the video , he can ride pretty good , I am interested in watching his build with his 14R . I subscribed before that video actually released , and his next one tomorrow morning my time on first parts for it should also be good .

Glad I went with owning and modding both of them , got no regrets either , except I'm broke for xmas ..... hahahah .
I like this fella from the video , he can ride pretty good , I am interested in watching his build with his 14R . I subscribed before that video actually released , and his next one tomorrow morning my time on first parts for it should also be good .
Toad his dealership/shop is about 45 min from my house and that track is about 30 min from me. It is cool that they are a dealership but also cater to the performance and sportsmans oriented crowd and offer a speed/performance shop under the same roof

Either bike is a winner...maintenance is easier on the Busa at least.
It’s splitting hairs for sure and comes down to preference. For the guy that doesn’t work on his own stuff they wouldn’t care about easy access to the plugs for example.

Fate put me on a Busa lol, I say that because I was deciding between the two and it was boiling down to which I found for the best deal in 2011 and found a left over 2010 ZX14 for $9600, told the salesman I’d be back the next day to get it and it sold before I could get back the next day. So I went with the low 2100 mile 09 Busa and got it the next day.

Sold the 09 years later, took a hiatus decided it was time again and began trying to decide again ZX or Busa. I would’ve been happy with either but I liked the simplicity of the Busa with less gadgets etc, it was a known entity, I knew the wife liked riding on the back of it, it came with the grab bar lol, I had a couple of suzuki riding jackets so no need to change those, and basically all the pluses that the 14 had in reviews etc weren’t things that mattered to me to sway me that way. It could’ve come down to which I found the better deal on again :)

It’s splitting hairs for sure and comes down to preference. For the guy that doesn’t work on his own stuff they wouldn’t care about easy access to the plugs for example.

Fate put me on a Busa lol, I say that because I was deciding between the two and it was boiling down to which I found for the best deal in 2011 and found a left over 2010 ZX14 for $9600, told the salesman I’d be back the next day to get it and it sold before I could get back the next day. So I went with the low 2100 mile 09 Busa and got it the next day.

Sold the 09 years later, took a hiatus decided it was time again and began trying to decide again ZX or Busa. I would’ve been happy with either but I liked the simplicity of the Busa with less gadgets etc, it was a known entity, I knew the wife liked riding on the back of it, it came with the grab bar lol, I had a couple of suzuki riding jackets so no need to change those, and basically all the pluses that the 14 had in reviews etc weren’t things that mattered to me to sway me that way. It could’ve come down to which I found the better deal on again :)

For me it was an easy choice since I am a die hard Suzuki guy. When I was looking around for a bike, I could have bought anything I wanted but the Hayabusa was the only bike I wanted.

I decided to go used just in case I couldn't manage the riding position-this way I wasn't out a lot of money. I lucked into getting the bike I did as most of the big mods were done (and then some).

I won't own another bike other than my Hayabusa, once I am finished riding it, I am done with motorcycling.

Ease of maintenance is of a huge concern to me, whether I am doing basic maintenance myself or I am paying someone else.

it's always overlooked in reviews.

cheers
ken
I do all of my own stuff so when I’m looking at a new to me car or bike etc I’m always evaluating how easy or hard will it be to work on and replace this or that. Salesman looks puzzled when I’m all under the hood and darn near crawling under the new car lol. Some engineers need their degrees taken away putting the starter where they do on some cars lol. They definitely don’t design them these days with the poor mechanic in mind.

I'm 15 plus years on a big Kawasaki forum ,and my friends were all in shock of my choice. I was introduced to difficult services on the ZX12 following the ZX14 of customer's. I watched @ the track the Busa slay almost everything even in poor service conditions by owners/ racers .
Do not regret my choice .

That is great rwhp , I hope once mine is tuned it goes up a bit closer to that . The revamped stock 14R is certainly a weapon , and a lot are running high 8's with little work .
Definitely , ease of service is a big issue with me also , the Busa can be a little tight to work on in places , but you can access it all , once removal of some part , but the 14R is a lot more difficult , very confined around the top of motor for one . The only thing I got in my favor , is mostly , I do have the luxury to take my time to work on it , like even spread it over a couple of days .
I enjoy the differences between the bikes , but already feel the 14R motor is the one to keep mostly as is , basically , it is also the better streetbike for me , while the Busa is more specialized ride after my mods .

Back