A New Road Course!

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, this dog has been kicked, neutered, bred to appear differently, dressed up like a show pony and now.... possibly trained to hunt!

I have watched this debacle first hand for nearly two years and today, a friend / business associate of mine comes to my office to inform me (rolled up and approved plans in hand) that he has submitted a site plan for a 'biker oriented restaurant' called "Burn Outs"... and it is only two miles away from Alabama Motor Sports Park!

Do WHAT?!

Alabama Motorsports Park is the brain child of this guy named Dale Earnhardt Junior who has been aligned with the former Mayor of Mobile AL and a nameless rabble of local good ole boys of all locales and descriptions to create a motorplex of sorts that was to have a 1/4 mile drag strip, a dirt track, a go cart track, a road course, a circle track (like we need another of those around here), an RV park... and yes.... shopping malls (you cant do anything on the Gulf Coast without a shopping mall plan included therewith).

The environmentalists, which have an iron jaw like strong hold on the 'wet lands' (we used to call them swamps) in this area had all but shut this thing down to my knowledge, but apparently ground breaking is to begin next month on the park.... that is minus the drag strip (which we need) but of course retaining the circle track (which we dont) and on the more pertinent subject here, keeping the proposed 2.6 mile road course - you see.... road courses are alien to our culture so how bad could one be?

So, today we looked at this and it could very well be that in late '09 or certainly by 2010 "Little E" could actually have a complex in place in Mobile AL (that Boeing cant protest) that will have what looks to be a decent little track day site that might supplement all the others that we dont have - ok other than Barber!

Check this out:
http://www.alabamamotorsportspark.com/project/siteplans.html

You can, as many of us did today, download the image and expand it to show a curvy 2.6 mile track with what looks to be a nice front stretch that made a couple of my 600cc riding buds dread me taking 'Mr. Busa' out there to pace them as we do at Barber...... 200 miles too far to our north.

Worth reporting at this point based on todays info but us Gulf Coast riders really dont have much to play on as it sits, maybe help is one the way! If so.... you can be sure that I'll keep the board posted!

Yall ride safe!

been following this one since the news broke a while back.... If'n it happens - expect some company, OK?

hmmpphhh.... little miss quarter mile might have to learn how to make a corner or two!

been following this one since the news broke a while back.... If'n it happens - expect some company, OK?
Why wait....

I'll kick one of the kids out and you'll have a place to stay.... anytime you give me a days notice
jump9.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Busa Jules @ Jul. 18 2008 said:
1480016[/ATTACH] PM]
hmmpphhh.... little miss quarter mile might have to learn how to make a corner or two!
YOU M'am (and your hubby)....

Need to come with us in October
umnik.gif
umnik.gif
umnik.gif

super.gif

umnik.gif

umnik.gif

why you need a
cheerleader.gif

Heck I went out with a group here last Sunday and almost made myself the hood ornament of a Ford Truck... I get really freaked out by rocks on curves.
dunno.gif
why

why you need a
cheerleader.gif

Heck I went out with a group here last Sunday and almost made myself the hood ornament of a Ford Truck... I get really freaked out by rocks on curves.
dunno.gif
why
I PROMISE you... there will not be any rocks on the turns at Barber Motorsports Park!
werd.gif

Back