A new feature I think you will like... Image Search

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks your gonna like this one..

Follow along with me then go practice and get good at this so you can help others.

How many times have you wished that you could find a thread and you try to use the search but you can't find it... What if the thread had images in it or if you were looking for something specific.

Here we go!

Go to the top of the page and you will see a new link called "Image Search" click it...

1527894089152.png

A new page will come up and three is a search box, just enter what you are looking for or even where you are looking for it. As an example let's do "Trunk Mod", there are several threads but you don't want to go through each one. You remember what the images look like so type Trunk Mod and click Submit.

When you see the image that you want click on it, the page will expand and then you can see a few other boxes too.

1527894379539.png

Let's say that this is the image you remember in the thread or you think this is what you want to look at, click on that image and the screen will change.
1527894405911.png

search5.jpg

Once you click on the "Visit" button you are taken to the thread where the image is located on the site, you are essentially now searching the site by images and finding threads by the pictures and not words...

search6.jpg

Actually , this is the most effective search tool , far and away better than trying to type search , with the resulting image choices , now not lost / hidden in old thread file , real smart Cap'n , straight up outstanding Org. addition . :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Actually , this is the most effective search tool , far and away better than trying to type search , with the resulting image choices , now not lost in old thread file , real smart Cap'n , straight up outstanding Org. addition . :thumbsup:

Well and to go along with that I have all of the old links in the forums from one thread to the other working again. I am in the process of working out the code / Regex for the server to be able to have all the images back again too... It will be good soon...

Okay I really thought we would have more feedback on this one, did everyone see this or did it get lacking attention because of the outages last week...

Any success stories from folks finding something easier than the word search?

How did I miss this?!!!!!! This is an awesome feature that I have wished for and didn’t know It was already here. It took me 30 seconds to find a thread I spent 30mins looking for the other day. :laugh:

How did I miss this?!!!!!! This is an awesome feature that I have wished for and didn’t know It was already here. It took me 30 seconds to find a thread I spent 30mins looking for the other day. :laugh:

Yep, this place is loaded with tools and ways to get what you want... you just have to read a little.

Yep, this place is loaded with tools and ways to get what you want... you just have to read a little.
I need to click on other tabs other that “new posts” more often. 99.9%of the time I’m on my iphone, so it took a bit to locate it, but will definitely use it now.

Back