A new day a new problem

paulcee

Registered
Out today and it was going oh so well and loving it, stopped for a bite to eat and then no start again! Here is the weird thing, lift the tank up and press the button it fires into life, full tank of fuel so it wasn't that and the pump was priming, checked for hose kinks and there were none, I rode it home 125 miles and it ran great, turned it off in the garage and it won't start again, anyone any ideas this one has got me stumped, cheers in advance paul

is it an early 99 / 2000 if so my guess is its a vapour lock issue ,search the topic , lifting the tank helps realise the pressure .
had this with mine , more so on hotter days

Delbert, thanks mate, I've never heard of this before I'll try it tomorrow and post back with a result, I would never have thought of anything like this, cheers mate

What kind of "no start"? We need more info to help out. Was the bike not doing anything when the button pushed, which is probably an electrical issue. Or was it trying to crank and not firing, indicating fuel or spark.

Lucid, just turning over and over no escalating of the engine just a flat one tone turnover, I have upgraded to a 2003 start system so no kickbacks and it has a new stock external fuel pump

Does the tip over sensor stop the full from or does it just kill the bike regadless of fuel pump being primed :dunno:

Does the tip over sensor stop the full from or does it just kill the bike regadless of fuel pump being primed :dunno:

It can stop the pump from priming. It did on mine when mine went bad.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Back