A new bus in town

Ononewheel

Registered
Well I traded my 2000 R1 in for a new Busa yesterday. It's raining, I can't even ride it.

I really hope I like it. I am worried because The r1 was real fun to ride.

Reasons I got it

insane amount of power
Girlie will be able to ride, the r1 is a torture rack two up.

Now, Why does a fuel injected bike have a choke?
rock.gif
??

About me
I am 28
previous bikes
92 cbrf2
98 cbrf3
98 900rr
97 triumph daytona
2000 R1
2003 Bus

That about covers it for now. Hope to stick around for a while. Looks like a good forum.

Jeffrey

Bus_001_sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the board oow.......it is a great forum....awesome people and very informative.
You'll love that Bus.......Learn how to use the power and you'll spank yer R1 badly!!!!
And 2 up is 10 times better.

hey dude....welcome....

yer question....its not really a choke....sort of....it does allow more fuel in via the injectors,but it does this by simply raising the rpm , twisting an' holding the throttle would do the same thing . It just moves a pin below the throttle cam .

I know what you mean thou...being computer controlled FI with all types of o2 sensors,temp sensors, etc etc, you'd think the cpu could figure out the motors cold an' adjust accordingly.....nope .

hav a good 1....

Yes, I just bought an 03 in the same color you did, I blew up my turbo busa...............look at the second look seat covers and tank bra for this bike..............it's awesome. the bike does not have a choke, it's a fast idle. You are going to be throwing rocks at that R1 once you get used to the busa.....................nice bike enjoy..................

Hey Welcome,

Good move, I love my Busa. The only thing I could ask for I could want is a little more feedback, and more money for rear tires.

You are probably going to come up with a dozen questions about it. There are lots of weird little personality traits you'll notice, noises mostly. Scan through the forums and you will find tons of info. If you cannot find something feel free to ask. You'll usually get about a dozen answers that do not help and two or three that are godsends. I'll generally be providing one of the useless ones...
11doh.gif

Cool, thanks guys.

Nice warm welcome. Took it on a long ride with girlie today. It did pretty darn well, the r1 could not have rode 180 two up(2 miles is tough). We are a little sore, but it was still fun.

I got it out into a few turns by myself, and it did pretty well. Still breaking it in and scuffing tires and getting used to it, so good things are yet to come.

I will have a ton of things to talk about here pretty soon.

Later guys
thanks

my choke stopped working a long time ago, any suggestions? I went to tighten the line and it was adjusted nice and tight but with full chok it only brings up the RPM's about 500 if im lucky.

Mr. Busa
I see you are from hawaii.

I am going there for the 1st time this october. It's for my honeymoon. If it's not too much trouble I will chase you down closer to october to get some tips on where to go and things to see.

my choke stopped working a long time ago, any suggestions? I went to tighten the line and it was adjusted nice and tight but with full chok it only brings up the RPM's about 500 if im lucky.
sounds a bit like a stretched out inner . This rarely happens to choke cables thou,more common to throttle/clutch applications. I would look at the end where it sits under the throttle cam thinga ma jiggy , an' slowly apply choke to see if it turns the cam . If it turns the cam like its supposed too, you have other probs,if it dosent,the cable is on its last legs.

Mr. Busa

I am going there for the 1st time this october.  It's for my honeymoon.  If it's not too much trouble I will chase you down closer to october to get some tips on where to go and things to see.
keep an eye on the Paging Hawiibusa thread in Random,the boys will help us out there I think . THX GUYS/GIRLS.

Mr. Busa

I am going there for the 1st time this october.  It's for my honeymoon.  If it's not too much trouble I will chase you down closer to october to get some tips on where to go and things to see.
Yeah man, lemme know when and where and well hook up, ill be a tour guide again...lol I love doing that. You should be getting here just before the winter surf season so the waves should be up pretty good by then.

Ononewheel- I love that new silver, sweeeet. And thanx for the pics, but throw a couple in with you & the honey on it. We all love the busa but most of us have one sittin in the garage so we know what it looks like allready...
biggrin.gif
Thanx.

Back