A Moment Of Silence

OB_suiciderider

Registered
Another sad story to pass on to the group. I am sorry to relay that yet another rider has passed. As well, it shows that even experienced riders can get killed on a motorcycle. Greg McQuide, associate editor of MotorCyclist magazine, died this past week, weekend. The story I read can be followed on this link:

http://citizen-times.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?news&20000625_n12.txt

My condolences to his family and friends. I have read more than my share of this particular magazine and have read several of his articles. I am sure he contributed a great deal to the motorcycle industry via the magazine and beyond.

I apologize to the forum if I sound sappy or lame or depressing as it is not my intention to do so. I figured some of y'all may have met him at one time or another as this forum is global.

For all of those whom have met their demise enjoying this great life we call motorcycling my condolences as well to their families.

I saw an article abou that sunday when I was reading another website, It's strange that someone you never met you got an attachment to just through words, that guy was funnnny, and usually on the money with the humor, i was beginning to wonder if anyone else had seen anything about that other than me, I dont think that magazine has a website, there was another article about it on 2wf.com
sorry to hear about it though we everybody that was standin behind me readin the screen just froze up for a second because we were about to ride, just reminds you that we are all mortal, just holdin different ticket to catch a train outta here.take care yall and my sympathy is definitely with that family and any other who has lost a love one ridin two wheels.
ps. strange how such an addictive hobby makes you appreciate everyday and everyone you come in contact with and since I been ridin the 'bus I never leave home without callin my family and my girl tellin em I love You before I roll...

Here is what DirtyPete had to say about this tragedy on the Labusa board.......

"What am I supposed to do, pray for him?
He fukked up, is all.

Spare me your sensitivities for every death of every unknown guy on this board.

If you ever hear on LAbusas from my wife that I've died on my bike, and she WILL tell you, I hope you'll just dredge up a bunch of my old threads and hang me out to dry.

FUK DEATH

TRIPLE FUK DEATH."

Nice guy eh?

Sorry to hear about Greg's accident. Didn't know him, but, like most of us, enjoyed his writing. This seemed to hit pretty close to home, makes me feel very mortal. I guess that is why there are so few replies on this thread. I will be talking to my son again about being constantly vigilant in traffic and looking for the driver's eyes in the mirrors. Good reminder for all of us.

Ride in peace Greg.

Back