A loss of a friend.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
My girlfriend Susan(Dreaming of Riding) just called my cell crying her eyes out from northern Va, telling me that one of her good friends at her work just died in a white water rafting accident. Details are unclear at this time, but one things for certain, my girl is tore up and i know what she's going through. Quite a few of us here know that feeling too.

I ask for your prayers to bless her lost friend and to help her through this.

Sus, if i could hug you right now i would, hang in there babe.

Thanks guys.

sad.gif

Very sorry for her loss. Prayers sent.

Thank you everyone for you words of support.

Here are some more details:
Every year my friend Mike Russell and his brothers and sisters meet in Colorado for a family reunion. Mike and his brothers were raised in an orphanage because their mother couldn't take care of all of the kids by herself. This made all of the siblings extremely close to one another. Anyway, they rent cabins and spend a week of activity packed days together. Today they went white water rafting. I'm not sure exactly what happened but Mike went into the water which was only 38 degrees. We don't know yet if he hit his head or drowned. He was quickly pulled out and given cpr by the guides and his brother who is a doctor. They also transported by helicopter to the nearest hospital where he was announced dead.

Mike was a wonderful person. He was the Director of the Office of Public Affairs and the least "executive" type person I have ever met. He was a fan of all the Pittsburgh sports teams, especially the Steelers and the Penguins. We had a wonderful time teasing each other about hockey, sending each other e-mails and just picking on each other. Just recently he tried to get me tickets to see a friend of mine race in a Busch series race.

I will miss him badly.

I would like to say thank you to Paul (GMbusa) for being there when I need him. I am a very lucky girl.

Suz... I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
sad.gif
If you need something, you got my number.
wink.gif

I'm so sorry to hear this...my thoughts are with his friends and family
sad.gif
What a horrible accident
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back