A little warning

busa_boy_69

Registered
You guys aren't gonna beleive this. Friday evening I was out riding with a friend of mine. It was a little bit hot so I had the bottom of my visor cracked open only about an inch and a half. I saw something big fly up under it at about 65 mph. It was a big hairy bumble bee! It got hung up in the upper left corner and was pinned by the air right by my eye. I managed to pull over before it got loose and use my finger to swat it out of my helmet. It was buzzing like crazy pissed. I was seriously lucky. Now here is where it gets weird.

Yesterday I went riding with a different buddy. When we met up before we even went riding I was like dude you won't beleive what happened to me yesterday and told him the story. So we take off and go on our ride. Well about 2 hours into it he is in front of me and suddenly starts coming to a stop on an overpass. I pull up in front of him thinking something something was wrong with his bike or something and shut mine off. As soon as I dismount and start walking back I just hear him screaming. I run over quick and he is ripping his gloves off like a madman and still screaming. Then off comes his helmet and when he does I finally see the problem. A big hairy black and yellow bumble bee falls out and hits the ground. Yep thats right the exact same thing happened to him except he wasn't so lucky and it stung him right on the face. Now the part that makes his worse is he had never been stung before so he had no clue if he was even allergic. He then starts to have a panic attack. So there we are in the middle of no where and he was the one that charted the ride out so I didn't even know where exactly we were. I had him sit down and made sure the stinger was out and he wasn't swelling up so I knew he wasn't reacting to it. While we were sitting there a lady in a black envoy pulls over and asked if we were okay. (rare in the world nowadays) I told her what had happened and she asked if either of us smoked and we said no puzzled. She said well here and gave Nick a cigarette and her water bottle. She said tear that open and get a little pinch of the tobbacco, wet it, and put it on the sting. It will help to pull the venom out. He did it and about 5 minutes later was totally fine he said it made it go away totally. Gotta give props to that nice lady because that was really cool. So we got him calmed and took care of the sting then finished up our ride. I just thought this was really weird because the odds of that happening to two different people one day and then the next have got to be rare. Appearntly we have a bee issue going on here.

You all may wanna be carefull leaving your visors open even a little because bad things can happen.

Tobbacco on a bee sting huh? I'll have to add that to the home remedies list.

Wow... that is certainly reason to panic! Glad your friend was okay.

The wet tobacco on the bee sting must be an "ancient chinese secret".
wink.gif

I ride with my visor fully open and sunglasses... I will close it when I get into areas with really thick bugs... I got stung by a dang bee on the chin at the Bash in April.... Riding back from the waterfall, I was closing my visor and somehow he made it in there.... he was on a mission and he succeeded!

Man, I am not going to Ohio. That sucks.... I got a Hornet in my shirt one time while riding. It stung me 3 times before I got pulled over... My shirt kept hitting it all the way home. Hurt like hell. Never had one in the helmet, that would really really suck. Glad it did not get him in the eye or something.

similar and almost as bad -- had my visor cracked open bout 1/4" to get some more air in and some big azz bug hit the opening dead center and spayed my mouth with mutlicolored bug guts

I had a bee fly in my helmet, crawl in around back (thought I felt something) and sting my cheek... that was not fun.

Thanks you guys. Believe me that is a crappy situation to get in. I am just lucky I didn't end up like nick and actually got a sting. I had enough time to get the sucker out because it was right next to my left eye. Can you imagine being on your bike at 65mph and a bee stinging you on the eyeball?

Dude--it was the same bee! He just wanted to hijack a ride on a 'busa! Seriously--glad your bud is OK. I just hate getting stung--I can't imagine what it's like to have it stuck in your helmet!

Had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. The bee was inside the helmet, but no sting. After pulling over, I opened the visor and the bee crawled out and flew away. Mabe he headed east to Ohio.LOL

I've always heard the thing about tobacco from when I was a kid,glad all is well with your friend!
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>dayum that was it menthal or lights? newports or salems?</span>

Need to add that to the list of items in the trunk next to the first add kit.

Was the water purified or tonic???

Ohio black bees eh? were you on rt 4 or 75? I hate getting hit by those hard shell june bugs. at 190 its like getting shot.

jd

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>dayum that was it menthal or lights?  newports or salems?</span>

Ohio black bees eh?  were you on rt 4 or 75?  I hate getting hit by those hard shell june bugs.  at 190 its like getting shot.

jd
lol....couldn't tell ya man they looked like she pulled them out of a marlboro box. I am not sure cuz they are all friggin nasty to me. haha. We weren't on either of those roads we were actually on 35 coming out of Dayton. I do a ton of stomping on 75 though.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>dayum that was it menthal or lights?  newports or salems?</span>

Ohio black bees eh?  were you on rt 4 or 75?  I hate getting hit by those hard shell june bugs.  at 190 its like getting shot.

jd
lol....couldn't tell ya man they looked like she pulled them out of a marlboro box. I am not sure cuz they are all friggin nasty to me. haha. We weren't on either of those roads we were actually on 35 coming out of Dayton. I do a ton of stomping on 75 though.
Hey lookie here...my 1st post since I've joined back in 2003!  haha.

Don't mention the road on a public board Busa_boy....cops frequent bike and car forums ALOT. Plus if you tell people, it won't be such a quite place anymore and so many bikers will go out there and attract cop attention from people calling them.  It's nowhere near Dayton though
wink.gif
, but we'll be glad to show ya sometime and let you know where it is.  BTW, I'm the BEE STING guy.
AAAssjani.gif

<!--EDIT|NickHayabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155172117 -->

Back