A little different view of Sunrise...

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Adam d'Hoon is checking out his new GoPro camera...

Here's a short stretch of video on the 'easy' side of my favorite road, Sunrise Highway...

:cheerleader:

- Sunrise with Adam d'Hoon[/url]

:cheerleader:

:beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: nice vid. did you have it on your helmet. I'm going to go play with my new GoPro today.

Actually, Adam had it mounted to the aft portion of his tank (the metal part). He was doing the recording.

Where are you going riding? :beerchug:

Great vid Scar, I have one of the GOPro also and i shot some vid of me on the parkway here in VA and it turned out great. I tried to load it here and on utube but it was going to take over an hour to do it so.... I monuted mine on my windshield. They come with a lot of monuting attatchments. I like how it shows the sun and the little red dot. I love mine and they are really cheep to buy. Thanks again

Last edited:
Good video Scar. What are you using for a recording device?

We still have 'practice' to do getting the bike framed properly. The view of the screen is so large that if the subject gets even 6-7 bike lengths away from the camera, it becomes really too small to be of great learning benefit. In other words, the camera and the subject might need to be too close together for safety in some circumstances.

Important note: If you're going to practice this way, it's important to know the riding acumen of the rider you're practicing with...

(In answer to your question): In this video, Adam is filming me using his GoPro; and as can be seen, he is quite capable of keeping up, but not unsafely close on my tail. We don't have the benefit of many years of riding together...so :whistle:

I have footage from a couple of weeks ago, wherein my friend JD hooked his camera up to the back of Wasabi, and I then filmed him coming down the 'fun' side of Sunrise. (That'll be my next release; it's taking a little longer to edit out the 'traffic'.) We have lots of saddle time together, so we were much more comfortable having him closer in on my tail.

All good fun!

Great vid Scar, I have one of the GOPro also and i shot some vid of me on the parkway here in VA and it turned out great. I tried to load it here and on utube but it was going to take over an hour to do it so.... I monuted mine on my windshield. They come with a lot of monuting attatchments. I like how it shows the sun and the little red dot. I love mine and they are really cheep to buy. Thanks again

Yeah...it takes a long time to upload the big files. I usually set it to upload then go to bed. When I get up in the morning...voila!

Hope you find the patience to launch it...would love to look at it and see where you get to ride!

That was awesome Scar! Sitting here at my desk, and while watching it I got caught up in it. All I needed was for my keyboard/mouse to vibrate just a little, and that would have completed the grin on my face.

Great job, and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Cool! I have played with cameras from time to time and have found it to be a juggling act to get a balance between lens. If you use a lens that brings the action up to the proper position it becomes shakey from the movement of the bike. If you move the subject back out to the point of keeping the shot steady you have to stay within ten feet or so. So I know what you are going through.

The camera did a great job!

Cool! I have played with cameras from time to time and have found it to be a juggling act to get a balance between lens. If you use a lens that brings the action up to the proper position it becomes shakey from the movement of the bike. If you move the subject back out to the point of keeping the shot steady you have to stay within ten feet or so. So I know what you are going through.

The camera did a great job!

Juggling act is absolutely the right description for that.

In addition, I'm using Adobe Premiere to process the video and process it at super hi-res, lending itself to a clarity other programs wouldn't afford.

Anyway, thanks for the notes. I'm working with a Sony Handycam lately, and it's way bigger/heavier than the GoPro, so it takes a little more effort to mount and employ.

Would love to see any videos of your spectacular outings, as well...:beerchug:

Looks like a fun road~!~

The GoPro definitely takes some practice to get good shots, I need more practice with it myself~!!~

Last edited:
Great vid! Loved the music!!

Did you see that UFO following you? It comes into view around 1:29 and leaves the camera view at 1:43.

Seriously.....what was that black dot in the upper right hand corner of the vid?

Great vid! Loved the music!!

Did you see that UFO following you? It comes into view around 1:29 and leaves the camera view at 1:43.

Seriously.....what was that black dot in the upper right hand corner of the vid?

Hey, Dawn...that's the Sun!

It's oversaturating the capacities of the camera, so it shows up as a black dot. There are a couple of other 'sightings' of it in the video, as well. At one time, it shows up in Adam's rear-view mirror...which I thought was kinda cool...:beerchug:

Last edited:
Hey, Dawn...that's the Sun!

It's oversaturating the capacities of the camera, so it shows up as a black dot. There are a couple of other 'sightings' of it in the video, as well. At one time, it show up in Adam's rear-view mirror...which I thought was kinda cool...:beerchug:

I didn't notice that, will go watch again :cheerleader:

Very nice video. I like the placement of the mirrors on that 1000rr integrates nicely. Got lost in the ride and the music for a few moments. Wait til he replaces that GoPro with the HD one, now, THAT's Gonna be some video!

Back