A 'lil Rear Shock Shopping Help...please?

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well folks?...i haven't been riding very much lately as poor Orens stock oem vintage '03 rear shock has in my opinion finally bitten the dust...her azz end is fish'in like a biotch in the few curves i get to hit down here in south floriduh...so?..i've backed off quite a bit as the thrill is gone..turning 45's into 120 sweepers with a bad rear damper is risky biz so...where's all the hot deals on a penske/ohlins (or any other reputable rear suspender) replacement rear shock?...i'll definantly need one before the fall bash! ???

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I'm picking up, hopefully sometime this week, a new Elka 3 way adj shock for my Gixx. It has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster (no more banging on the collars) and ride height adjuster as well. Only thing is that it costs $1100!! But quick, trackside adjustments are sooooo worth it. Especially getting the geometry setup properly for the tires used. :beerchug:

Race tech is a very good company to work with. The rear shocks aren't cheap but if you stick with the more basic ones that don't have high/low damping you'll save some bucks.

BTW the new ohlins 3-way TTX is crap.

I ended up going with a Penske only because of a few factors. Their HQ is in PA which is only a state away. The shock can be completely rebuilt if needed and spare individual parts are available. The last reason was because it was available right away. I didn't have to worry about exchange rates, intl. shipping costs, etc.

All the shocks on the market are very good at doing what they do so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Just had mine rebuilt by traxxion dynamics,custom built to my weight and the 6" stretch on my bike...total $250 give or take i forget the exact amount...the thing is beautiful,no need to spend 1k or more for a quality rear shock bro.sending my forks in if i dont sell the bike by winter.they will build it for any application,i had mine built for street use.

stock is black spring in pic and rebuilt is blue,theres a 1" spacer in there and the spring is rated for 1300lbs

new shock.jpg

RaceTech? not sure what is going on over there but their web site got a big ole black eye right now.... Google has posted a Malware warning about them.. they may have been hacked or perhaps just mis-labeled but I would avoid it for now until the issue is fixed...

Race Tech Inc.

This site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 54 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 08/15/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 08/15/2008.
Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 12 new processes on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including madway.net.

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and went with Ohlins, only a couple of hundred more expensive, Hi and low compression damping, respringing was free and Charles at Streetntrack was a pleasure to deal with. He takes paypal and ships to Canada. I could not be happier. :cheerleader:

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Bill,

I have to say the rebuilt stocker is the way to go. I have one on my Busa and it works well. Contact our good friends at Traxxion Dynamics....

And if you wanna go with a Penske...they do those as well.

Kevin

Back