a KML post (HID driving lights).

BTDT with these lights. I returned them. Their light output is crap. If they were really decent enough, I would have kept them. They are not.

Now, that having been said, they are fairly useful as marker lights, allowing cage drivers to see *you* better. They perform well in this regard.

But as far their capacity as "Driving Lights", in terms of putting useful lumens exactly where you need them, far down the road.... nope, these lamps don't cut the mustard whatsoever. The design of the reflector housing is the biggest problem (it is not a modern, cutting-edge "free-form" design, rather, the design used produces a "soft" light output that is just not focused well at all), followed by the fact that the housing is simply too small to do an effective job.

Lastly.... these are not PIAA lamps; they are only marketed by PIAA. These are actually made by Trail-Tech, located in western Washington state.

See: Single HID SCMR16 at Trail Tech Home

Just passin' on real-world experience..... good luck with the installation.

BTDT with these lights. I returned them. Their light output is crap. If they were really decent enough, I would have kept them. They are not.

Now, that having been said, they are fairly useful as marker lights, allowing cage drivers to see *you* better. They perform well in this regard.

But as far their capacity as "Driving Lights", in terms of putting useful lumens exactly where you need them, far down the road.... nope, these lamps don't cut the mustard whatsoever. The design of the reflector housing is the biggest problem (it is not a modern, cutting-edge "free-form" design, rather, the design used produces a "soft" light output that is just not focused well at all), followed by the fact that the housing is simply too small to do an effective job.

Lastly.... these are not PIAA lamps; they are only marketed by PIAA. These are actually made by Trail-Tech, located in western Washington state.

See: Single HID SCMR16 at Trail Tech Home

Just passin' on real-world experience..... good luck with the installation.

From the man who would know.:thumbsup:

I've aimed them up and out so as to spot critters late a night on twisty country back roads.

HID low beam

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Low beam with driving lights (light output seems OK to me :whistle:)

Low beam with driving lights and PIAA fog bulb for high beam.

cheers
ken

Back