A Hardley bites the dust

Just curious,  anyone tried/seen 'Draggin Jeans'?  I know they are no substitute for leathers, but do they hold up better than regular jeans?

Bullet, good choice on Hindle, I love mine.
I saw draggin' jeans but don't know how good they are. I guess they're somewhere between regular jeans and leathers. Better but not best...

And yes, I hope I like the Hindle. I think I will. :)

*This message has been brought to you by the Bullet Train foundation for the preservation of rider azz. Donations always accepted.   :D
:rofl:

I have a full set of leathers but to be brutally honest, I only wear the jacket when riding.  I too took my first ride of the seasson without the jacket...

And I kept thinking of you guys,  I was kinda embarassed.
Yeah, I plan to start out with just a jacket until I reach my goal weight. I just don't have the budget to buy multiple sets of leathers as I go down in size. Yeah, I know, skin grafts are more expensive than leather... yadda yadda yadda... I guess I'll just risk it. Right now I don't even have a jacket...

You mean it is not a good idea to do 180 wearing my tank top shorts and flip flops and baseball hat turned backwards ....for less drag ?

ah come on i saw this movie er what was it ?  ...  biker boyz ..yea that was it  and they were doing cool stuff like that !!

so i can do it too ... right :super:

.... well if you see it on the screen it is true !!....  NOT !!!!!

stay safe and always be ready for anything !!!! :cool:
Yeah, it's alright to ride like that as long as you look cool. Looking cool actually prevents accidents on bikes. :alcoholic:

ARGHHHHHH!
How's this for timing?
I am cutting out of school early and taking my kids to the State Fair.  My son Matt for the first time did not ride his bicycle to school.  I have to take him home on the Busa and I only have ONE HELMET!  He is going to wear it, so if y'all would say a little prayer for me....
I am actually kinda scared, I've never ridden bucketless before.
It's only 2 miles.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Ride safe folks!

I hear ya BT. A little history of myself, when I was young and dumb(18 years ago, before helmet laws in CA) I had an old shovelhead. Rode it around in nothing but a t-shirt.
Dude, even jeans beats going out WITHOUT pants. Only a t-shirt?
I read an article about materials and how long they last... I believe it was in Sport Rider.

Anyway, it went something along these lines:

Material Sliding Distance in Feet
----------------------------------
Jeans 5 feet
Ballistic 45 feet
Casual Leather 50 feet
Street Leather 70 feet
Racing Leather 95 feet

The sliding distance is how long they last before there is a hole which is eating your skin.

Also, I am not positive about the distances, but it was something like that. Who knows what unlucky schmuck had to test these numbers out... :D

-Rip

Just bought some Draggin Jeans and wear a jacket, gloves and boots for just cruising around.  The harder I am going to ride the better protection I wear.  The Draggin Jeans are ok, but I wouldn't want to come off the bike at more than 30mph with them on!

<!--EDIT|blas32
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066948986 -->

The "STUNNAH" is with the rest here...He knows better but continues to chance it...The "STUNNAH" will try and do better... :devil:

ARGHHHHHH!
How's this for timing?
I am cutting out of school early and taking my kids to the State Fair.  My son Matt for the first time did not ride his bicycle to school.  I have to take him home on the Busa and I only have ONE HELMET!  He is going to wear it, so if y'all would say a little prayer for me....
I am actually kinda scared, I've never ridden bucketless before.
It's only 2 miles.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Ride safe folks!
You will notice you go a LOT slower. everything is louder, and seems like you are flying, you look down, 40 mph. Its amazing the amount of road noise they keep out.

BT- what kind of camera is that again? I looked at the Canon S50 yesterday, is that good one? it was over $500 tho.

not trying to derail this thread, but is that a brown spider bullet?

I agree gear is a must and the draggin jeans are better than regular...
I have no idea what kind of spider it is, dude. It was reddish in color with some brown hair on it. Had a pattern on the belly side of it's abdomen that looked like a black spot with a set of white eyes. First of it's kind I'd seen around my house.

BT- what kind of camera is that again?  I looked at the Canon S50 yesterday, is that good one?  it was over $500 tho.
These were snapped with my old Nikon Coolpix 990. The S50 is a good camera. The S400 is a little cheaper and takes great photos but has less manual options. If you just point & shoot I'd say the S400 is one of the best cameras available. If you're more into photography and like more control the S50 is a nice step up in features but I doubt any better in pure image quality.

Twisted, here's a little bigger shot of the spider if that helps answer your question. See the black spot with white "eye" looking spots on either side? :super:

spider03.jpg

But the S400 is sooo small!  I'm afraid i'd drop it and break it!
Yes, it is... and yes, you could. In fact, I did just that. Mine is broken right now. Not because it was small, but because I am clumsy as Hell. It's size makes it easier to carry with you anywhere. So, when the bigger cams get left at home or in the car, the S400 is there to nab the shots the others miss. ;)

Material   Sliding Distance in Feet
----------------------------------
Jeans               5 feet
Ballistic            45 feet
Casual Leather  50 feet
Street Leather  70 feet
Racing Leather  95 feet

The sliding distance is how long they last before there is a hole which is eating your skin.
,,,and you're not even talking about the pressure burns underneath the leather at those distances.

Yeah, hadn't thought about the burns with leathers. If it didn't grind through and get directly to skin I think burns would be better than open wounds with gravel and debris ground in... Best is not to crash, though. ;)

my brother just sent me a pair of draggin jeans a week ago (he lives about an hour from thier main store) i got a pair with a very tiny blemish for 50bucks what a steal! they fit good look pretty much like regular jeans but have kevlar patches in the hip,buttock, and knees. i also put in the ce knee armour (25.00) and it just velcros in.i feel a lot better riding with them but hope i never have to test them. bt they also come in big sizes.

dan

BulletTrain..
Can't you find some Joe Rocket pants to fit?  They come in up to 3XL I think.  I wear a set of thier overpants over my khaki's when I ride to work.

<!--EDIT|Dangerously
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066965881 -->

Back