A guy crashed

crazzycowboy

Donating Member
Registered
I do not know all the details yet, MrGxr might pipe in with some more Details.

Last night about 9:30pm I was working on the busa and saw the flight for life land right behind my house, my wife went to see what happened, and she came back and said it was a motorcycle crash, Acording to the news this morning the guy hit a wall, they said he had full gear on, well full gear is not going to help much when you hit a wall. I am sorry to say that the youngster died last night, he was only 21 years young.

I know the road and ride it every day, I am a little bit puzzeled as far as what happened, I am thinking there might have been another car involed but no one knows it.
It is a very good road their are some curves in it not very sharp.

As far as I know I do not know this person, But my prayers go out to his friends and family.
Joseph

This is always sad to hear.
sad.gif

Update for you all:

Young person of around 21 years old, traveling in excess of 60mph in a 30mph zone, miscalculated a curve in the road, hit the curb, flew up into the wall, came down and dragged for a bit. Life one called, but not utilized as the rider passed at the scene.

Ok, now from what I have been able to gather is that the young person was riding down the road doing around 60mph in a 30mph zone. The curve he entered is an increasing curve and the person miscalculated the curve because it was dark and he was outriding his headlights. Seems he hit the curb and then hit the wall, then the ground, then the wall... left the bike and came to a stop at the curb, the bike proceeded on for approx 15 more feet and came to rest next to the wall. Do not have full details on equipment that was being worn at the time, but the person did not make it. When I walked up to see what was what, there were 5 or 6 techs working on the person and it seemed some family was on the scene. I did not get close.

Now, this is about the 5th accident at this particular spot. 3 on motorcycles and 2 in cars. At night if you are speeding (60+) it is hard to see the curve in the road cause of the lighting. A couple of months ago a 40 yr old gentlemen hit the curb and wall in just about the same place, he is on the third and final surgery from the accident and is without a spleen.

Like CrazzyCowboy was saying its not that bad of a turn if you take it at the right speed or are well aware of what the curve is like, but little to no experience at this particular place and it can be a fatal mistake.

All, please be aware of the road you are riding and stay within you own abilities.

Its a shame, but something that could have been avoided.

I have been riding for years and with all of my experience I try and limit my riding at night to none. Too many variables and cagers don't pay attention during the day, let alone at night. Sorry to hear about the youngster.

I ride at night only when I have no choice.. To many critters and cagers

Sad news,prayers sent.But this does seem too common lately,I have a friend with the local fire dept(great group of guys by the way) and they have had quite a few calls on bike accidents lately.But when you hear how aweful some of the outcomes can be (such as only tiny fragmets of the helmet recovered) it definitely makes me slow down and think about things more before acting.

People don't understand these bikes will kill you, everybody thinks they can jump on one and take off. It doesn't work like that, the guys they see taking corners at 100 mph are very experienced riders. You just don't jump on a bike and do it.

Back