A Great Man Went Home Monday

SSGT_B

Registered
I got the call Monday that I needed to be at my parents house. My Dad had been out running errands and after getting back home collapsed un able to breathe. He was, is and will always be my hero. He has been very sick for a while but kept pushing through the days even when it seemed impossible. He spent many years in Vietnam do things for others. Came home with his demons but still took out time to help others. He loved quietly but over flowingly. I saw him on Sunday, gave him his haircut and brought his car home to work on overnight. Monday changed our world.

I am not here to ask for sympathy or monies but only to share his going home. Hold your loved ones tight. Tell them you love them often. Don't make excuses to NOT have time with them. Life is short. His was 76 years and that was 76years too short IMHO.

Till Valhalla Dad, you are missed

Darn it. So sorry to hear of yuor loss. I wish swift healing for you and yours.

Reactions: c10
Very sorry to read this. My condolences to you and your family. I agree with you, make time to spend with them, while you still have them. Mine left too soon when I was in my mid 20s (he was in his early 50s) and I still think of him every day and bothers me to know my children won’t get the chance to meet their grandpa. May your dad RIP.

Losing family members is a very hard thing to go through for certain.

My wife has spent quite a bit of time back home in Newfoundland this year since April looking after her father who is suffering from kidney cancer, the outlook is bleak...it's never easy....he's 6'4" and is down to 160lbs...

I lost my dad (ex armored corps) in '05 from emphysema-he suffered a long time.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Like everyone, very sorry for the loss of your father. There is never enough time.

Back