A Friend in need

Temeraire

Registered
Hi my Hayabusa bretheren, I need some help.

A friend of mine is going through a rough time up in North Carolina. Her husband is an army medic and he was unfortunately caught in an IED attack. He is currently recovering up in NC but they are at the moment separated from their daughters and need some help to be able to commute from FT Bragg to Richmond.

I know we have some NC riders and I was wondering if anybody up there could lend a helping hand, or if anybody up there knows somebody that can. I heard the news and immediately I thought of the org to see if I could reach out and get some help. I know this isn't a bike topic but I wanted this to get to as many eyes as it could.

Here's some more info on the subject...http://www.brownwoodtx.com/news/local/article_ebcbddd6-bff0-11e1-ac7a-001a4bcf887a.html

Any help would be appreciated,
Kellen

im sure someone here will be able to help ya, wish i was closer so i could lend a hand

Would be happy to help if I was closer. I maybe willing to pay pal some gas money if an org member steps up. Keep us informed.

im sure someone here will be able to help ya, wish i was closer so i could lend a hand

Would be happy to help if I was closer. I maybe willing to pay pal some gas money if an org member steps up. Keep us informed.

Thanks guys, I know they have a Mission 10 donation thing going so if anyone can spare anything that'll probably be the place to go: Mission In Progress | Mission 10

Have you looked at Craigslist rideshare?

I just looked up the rideshare for Ft. Bragg, it looks interesting, there might even be a ride on there for them right now. I'll forward the idea to Kendra and Andrew.
Thanks

bump for a good cause...wish i was closer so i could help more but i can pray for a speedy recovery

do you have contact info for his unit's Command Sergeant Major or OMBUDSMAN?

bump for a good cause...wish i was closer so i could help more but i can pray for a speedy recovery

Thanks, much appreciated!

put this on thechive.com they do great work to help

That's a good idea, I'm gonna see if they can put some info on a poster and have Andy and Kendra take a picture with it to send to them.

I'm going to talk to them today, see if I can get any of that info.

Once again, Thanks everyone, I'm sure this is going to help so much.

Kell

Wow, just now seeing this! He's in Richmond, just 70 miles away from me...my heart goes out to this family right now and I'll try to help spread the word.

Being the director of one of the local American Legion Riders. I would suggest contacting one of the local American Legion Posts to see if there is anything the could or would be willing to do. I am also trying to check some other resources to see if they know of someone or a group of someones that can help.

Wow, just now seeing this! He's in Richmond, just 70 miles away from me...my heart goes out to this family right now and I'll try to help spread the word.

I'll be sure to pass on the well wishes, thank you.

Being the director of one of the local American Legion Riders. I would suggest contacting one of the local American Legion Posts to see if there is anything the could or would be willing to do. I am also trying to check some other resources to see if they know of someone or a group of someones that can help.

Have passed it along.

What do you need done in Richmond?

Drop me a PM

I left the message and she is supposed to get back to me on it.

I talked to Kendra today and she told me that his unit is still deployed and that a few of Andy's squad mates had just gotten injured in another incident. She's going to ask some people to see what info she can get, but Andy isn't able to remember too much at this stage in his recovery, including the other members of his unit.

Back