I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
so O-ren can freshen up...
biggrin.gif

RT1.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Where'd you find a PUIG screen with the 1300R logo on it?

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 15 2006,13:37) Where'd you find a PUIG screen with the 1300R logo on it?
all this stuff was gathered up for me by Josh (Jester) of "rydersconnection.com".
biggrin.gif

how much did the suspension cost you? Are there forks in there or those the springs from out of the white susp box. As I may have to replace my forks.

(V8N3T @ Sep. 15 2006,13:51) how much did the suspension cost you? Are there forks in there or those the springs from out of the white susp box. As I may have to replace my forks.
sorry V8...no extra set of forks lay'in 'round....and yes...that box just housed the 1.0 straight rate springs i ordered.

whadda dilema....trying to decide...

a. Do i just install the new brakes pads and change out my brake fluid and coolant and clean'er up for the fall busa bash and pop on the new puig dub bub windscreen and go to the mountains with the suspension i have and know annnnnd...am very used to...orrrrrrrr?

b. Do i actually attempt to install the new racetech gold valves and springs and bushings and seals and dust covers and new fluid..and risk having my forks torn apart?..and?....with just 3 days left before "leaving for the mountains"?

Think i'm go'in with "a."

at least it's a sure thing...
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Definately option "A". Man, if you ran into some problem with 3 days left before the bash, that would suck!

(Poppy @ Sep. 16 2006,12:48) Definately option "A". Man, if you ran into some problem with 3 days left before the bash, that would suck!
+100

Agree, option A. Otherwise Mr Murphy is not only going to jump in to help, but all his sorry friends will be there too with beer and pizza waiting for the perfect moment to chunk all their wrenches into the gears...

thanks fer the input folks...and "A" it is....and i was just do'in a "Mind Check" on myself here cause it's still gonna suck either way...as now i'll be in the mountains wondering what my busa would've handled like with the race tech springs and valves...but?..there's just too much to do to get it right including the need that i machine myself up a bushing driver for re-assy....and?...like someone already mentioned?..."Murphy"....so the race tech goodies can wait cause...having vacation time and room reservations blown all to he11 and risking missing the fall bash would suck far, far worse...so?...i can wait..besides..i got a shidload of other stuff to get done before i head out including bleeding all my hydraulics (fron & rear brakes and clutch) and installing new EBC HH pads up front (just put a pair on te rear) annnd..4 new quarts of syntec and a bosch oil filter...then install my new clear puig dub-bub then wash, wax and load'er up!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

All that stuff looks good except the coolant. I'd stick with ethylene glycol instead of the propylene glycol. And if you *do* want the PG, you can get it at Auto Zone much cheaper by buying Prestone Lowtox or Sierra coolant. If you decide to use the EI, be SURE to completely flush all the old coolant out..... and then do it again. EG and PG can create a gel/sludge substance if mixed. The EI is a modern day snake oil. If it did what they claim, your bike wouldn't be reaching operating temp. If you have an overheating problem, fix that. The only additive I'd consider is Redline Water Wetter.

I'd be very interested in seeing the shim stack Race Tech recommends.

Back