A few pics from this weekend @ the track!!

E-RACER

Registered
lvd1.jpg

lvd2.jpg

Oooohh SaY Can You Seee By the..

lvd3.jpg

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

alien.gif

alien.gif

alien.gif

Ohh Sorry..Best that day 9.21 @154...been 9.11 @160!!!

Crappy track,crappy day..anyone thinking of going to lebanon Vally in NY think twice!!

Here a link to My day there>

nice pics and nice times. How long does your clutch hold up? I am curious as to how many times you can launch before the clutch starts to fade.

Thanks Fella's,Knock on wood..I'm pretty good on clutches..

On a buddies bike same mods no Nitrous..I had like 200 passes..original clutch pack from when the bike was new..no clutch mod or heavy springs..clutch is still like new!!

But if you slip the clutch alot(which I dont) you will burn up the steels and get that chatter..

On a buddies bike same mods no Nitrous..I had like 200 passes..original clutch pack from when the bike was new..no clutch mod or heavy springs..clutch is still like new!!

But if you slip the clutch alot(which I dont) you will burn up the steels and get that chatter..
I have to slip the clutch to get even decent 60' times. How do you manage not to? I'm getting ready to order my 2nd clutch already, only bought the bike in Feb. Last one only lasted 3 trips to the track........Granted I may put 35 runs on it a night, but still, this sucks.....

I kind just throw it out..But on a side note..I just added 21lbs of ballast,now I have to slip it a little..but didn't do any better 60fts with it..might be taking it off!!

A few tips for ya..

I lean the bike over to the right just before a run to help get oil on the plates before the run
dont do a dry hop
dont pull the clutch in too much after the run
dont run sythetic oil

And 35 runs is alot no matter what!!!!

I have to slip the clutch to get even decent 60' times. How do you manage not to? I'm getting ready to order my 2nd clutch already, only bought the bike in Feb. Last one only lasted 3 trips to the track........Granted I may put 35 runs on it a night, but still, this sucks.....
YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION.

35 RUNS IN A NIGHT....

YOUR PUTTING TO MUCH HEAT IN YOUR CLUTCH, YOU NEED TO LET YOUR BIKE COOL BETWEEN PASSES. BUY A SMALL FAN AND REMOVE YOUR OIL CAP BETWEEN ROUNDS...

WHEN YOU'RE IN THE STAGING LANES YOU CAN LEAN THE BIKE AS FAR RIGHT AS YOU CAN GET IT WHILE RUNNING AND TRY AND GET SOME OIL UP IN YOUR CLUTCH BEFORE EACH PASS.

DO THESE THINGS AND YOU WILL SEE HUGE DIFFERENCES IN CLUTCH LIFE.

Back