a few minor changes / mods

c10

Registered
Now just a few more additions . Stock foot control bolts all have this white paint mark , and really stand out so a drill and polish fixed that .

Heated gear extension added due to location of heat troller is on top triple tree so jacket/troller barley reached . Picked up a 24" extension on e bay for 15 bucks . Used a MTB bike cable router to secure it from flapping around . Tie is just tight enough so it wont move on its own , but you can pull out 3 " s easily .

Mounted garage door opener / safety wired it to the bike on top of Velcro mounting .

1" mirror extensions to aid in less viewing of my beautiful elbows :doh

20151009_225408_zpsf5keo97y.jpg
20151009_225426_zpsuf3mhnfg.jpg
20151009_225451_zpstn3xcyhs.jpg
20151009_230529_zpsqinyscna.jpg
20151009_230541_zpscrbvv72v.jpg
1444450102489288215077_zps64zgznua.jpg
1444450143411-1163305185_zpsihq0lwpd.jpg
1444450188623166757436_zps3o8nbwjx.jpg
1444450336121-1239235216_zpsesi5msqe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the rear set bolts before, coat the with clear, they will rust now.
The Rotor bolts can be done also, same outcome

Looks GREAT.

Now for my :2cents: The garage door button, is that one for the bike only - like all the time?
I would assume you have to remove it when you leave the bike and are not at home.

What I did is took apart a remote I had and then sodered a wire to the contacts - drilled a small hole for the wire to come
out of the remote and then installed a push button switch. I then velco'ed the remote to the air intake tube on the left hand side under the fairing.
Now the remote is out of sight and only a small button top is exposed and the average person would never know what it's for if they even saw it.
It lives on the bike so I never leave home without it. It's out of the sun and so a little cooler then sitting in the sunlight while riding or parked.

Again I assumed? that it was for the motorcycle all the time - if it's not and you also use it for your car then you might want to think about
purchasing one for the bike all the time. Many modern vehicles have built in garage door opener remotes - so I had an extra and dedicated it to the bike.

Again just my :2cents:

No its for my bike / company van 5 days a week , bike on weekends . safety wire for i dont trust velcro alone , and at least keep honest people honest .
Our old Tahoe does not have built in opener .

C10, if your in Sugarland, TX, I know how it gets down there and you can't trust'em. Please fix it before someone gets curious.

Looks great! Some years back I used to have one of those keychain garage remotes; that I would keep on the ring but velcro to the bike when I rode. When I took my key out the remote came too. My current remote is wired into the F2P switch.

Looks GREAT.

Now for my :2cents: The garage door button, is that one for the bike only - like all the time?
I would assume you have to remove it when you leave the bike and are not at home.

What I did is took apart a remote I had and then sodered a wire to the contacts - drilled a small hole for the wire to come
out of the remote and then installed a push button switch. I then velco'ed the remote to the air intake tube on the left hand side under the fairing.
Now the remote is out of sight and only a small button top is exposed and the average person would never know what it's for if they even saw it.
It lives on the bike so I never leave home without it. It's out of the sun and so a little cooler then sitting in the sunlight while riding or parked.

Again I assumed? that it was for the motorcycle all the time - if it's not and you also use it for your car then you might want to think about
purchasing one for the bike all the time. Many modern vehicles have built in garage door opener remotes - so I had an extra and dedicated it to the bike.

Again just my :2cents:

I've been meaning to do the same to my 2nd garage remote. Always think about it when I don't have time to do it. Guess I need to make a "to do" list.

Back