a falcon has fallen

rccola

Registered
I was out putting the bike back in shape on back roads twisties. On my cool down I was heading home east on rt 100 east in the balt/dc area . Suddenly I see a large collection of emergency vehicles and police cars. I soon discovered there was a collection of sportbikers on the side of the road . They were a local club called the Black Tigers. Several of these guys ride Busas. If you head west on the road there is a series of turns mending from off camber to downhill. Absolutely a joy to rip up. Today one guy did not have fun. Apparently, the bike lost control coming up the crest of the off camber. He lost his life. It was the first good day in this area. My heart was deeply saddened. I will pray for his family tonight and all bikers. Everyone of us likes this game, but we have to remember it can bite you very hard.

we had a rider lose his life also, where I'm from just the other day ... ( a car pulled out in front of him; and ................)

always hate to hear these kind of things.

GOD Bless all that have fallen and the families! We enjoy riding, we love to ride. I always feel terrible when I hear about things like this. Nobody wants to be that person, the one that people feel bad for. Life is this way no matter what we ride or drive. We have to be careful and train ourselves to predict everything around us. You may call it discrimination, but if someone in the car is young, I assume they will do something stupid because they dont have much experience, if they sit too close to the wheel, I assume they cant see, forgot glasses etc, cell phones....etc. we cant know all, but as riders, we really should try because its all we got, we dont have metal protecting us, or belts, or the visability of a car, and certainly not the respect. My defensive driving teacher even said that its possible for a truck driver with a large or toxic load to run over a biker that may have accidentally fallen onto the freeway rather than spill his load and endanger more people trying to miss us!! I know when I leave home, I may never return, so I always remind myself of that.

Prayers go out to him and his family. Just so disheartening to hear about these things. We have a large group of riders here, and we lost 2 last year. It's never easy to get over being as that we all ride just the same. We just never know what's in store for us. But at the same time, we know of seemingly healthy people who just simply die in their sleep, so that's just proof that our days are numbered no matter what it is that you do in life. Just a reminder to be safe out there and look out for one another.

Brian

Prayers go out to him and his family.  Just so disheartening to hear about these things.  We have a large group of riders here, and we lost 2 last year.  It's never easy to get over being as that we all ride just the same.  We just never know what's in store for us.  But at the same time, we know of seemingly healthy people who just simply die in their sleep, so that's just proof that our days are numbered no matter what it is that you do in life.  Just a reminder to be safe out there and look out for one another.

Brian
I concur...

Back