A Different Undertail

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone purchased or seen this undertail in person? Kind of like the concept, but not sure how well it would work. Ad doesn't say if the lights are LEDs or regular bulbs, so can't really tell anything about it other than the look.

Here's the eBay link: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA-UNDERTAIL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ002QQitemZ1201712
38239QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Undertail</a>

The pic if you want to just see it.

7eb1_12.jpg

Let's try this one: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA-UNDERTAIL-DIAMOND-BLACK-12_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ
003QQitemZ130160626278QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">GSX1300R Diamond Black #2 Undertail</a>

Yes i seen and tried the install of that exact undertail.
They are LEDS light, but the tail i recieved to put on was wired all wrong and wouldnt work. So i had to go back, tried another and same problem with that one. Not sure if i got ahold of a bad batch or what, but i can say it fit real nice.

Yes i seen and tried the install of that exact undertail.
They are LEDS light, but the tail i recieved to put on was wired all wrong and wouldnt work. So i had to go back, tried another and same problem with that one. Not sure if i got ahold of a bad batch or what, but i can say it fit real nice.
Sorry you couldn't get it to work. Was hoping to get a report on how bright the lights are.

I still like the integrated tail light and dremmil mod. Simple easy and cheap. Although I may eventually get a different tail.

I ordered the same one. They have the LEDs installed backwards. The LEDs light when a switch completes the ground, but the Busa's switched are on the power side.

I ordered the same one.  They have the LEDs installed backwards.  The LEDs light when a switch completes the ground, but the Busa's switched are on the power side.
Have you put it on the bike yet, Dennis?
Sent it back. I didn't have the time to take it all appart and put it back together correctly. I have a hot bodies undertail on now. Don't like their LEDs much, but at least they know how to wire them. One of my winter projects is going to be installing new LEDs

I ordered the same one.  They have the LEDs installed backwards.  The LEDs light when a switch completes the ground, but the Busa's switched are on the power side.
Sent it back.  I didn't have the time to take it all appart and put it back together correctly.  I have a hot bodies undertail on now.  Don't like their LEDs much, but at least they know how to wire them.  One of my winter projects is going to be installing new LEDs
Good thing I don't need a new undertail!

That sux they don't work, I was diggn them, different.
Me too. Obviously, with all the undertails being wired wrong, their quality control is non-existent. They were good about refunding my money, but weren't willing to do anything to help me out of the jam they caused with not being able to have my bike together in time for the track day. All they would do is refund my money after they received the undertail back. But at least I got my money back.

Sent it back.  I didn't have the time to take it all appart and put it back together correctly.  I have a hot bodies undertail on now.  Don't like their LEDs much, but at least they know how to wire them.  One of my winter projects is going to be installing new LEDs
If you are looking for an undertail, check out semi's. The LEDs are bright and it looks good.

If you are looking for an undertail, check out semi's.  The LEDs are bright and it looks good.
Absolutely no need for another undertail here, Dennis. Just trying to keep up/get back into the good mod stuff. This apparently doesn't fall into that category.

Hey BigBusa, my buddy has that same undertail on his busa and while it does look very sweet, the lights are useless. I've ridden behind him and even at night, they were hard to see.

Most of the LEDs on tails from ebay will be cheap ones just replace them with better ones yourself .

Most of the LEDs on tails from ebay will be cheap ones just replace them with better ones yourself .
My hotbodies undeertail wasn't fromebay and it wasn't cheap. The LEDs are still terrible. Everyone I've ridden with has complained that they can't see the turn signals and can barely make out the brake light. There should be some standard they need to meet.

My hotbodies undeertail wasn't fromebay and it wasn't cheap. The LEDs are still terrible.  Everyone I've ridden with has complained that they can't see the turn signals and can barely make out the brake light.  There should be some standard they need to meet.
I agree with you.

Back