A diamond in the ruff

Bad news..still leaks. Will have to take pan off. Better safe than dead. Let me know luda on that pan. I may need it. Thanks. At least I cleaned the alligator seats. I should still be ready for bike week(end) in may.

Still waiting on my billet pan. Machinist said they were still at the anodizers, and charged my credit card, so they shold be close.

Bad news..still leaks. Will have to take pan off. Better safe than dead. Let me know luda on that pan. I may need it. Thanks. At least I cleaned the alligator seats. I should still be ready for bike week(end) in may.

Yep,better safe than sorry bro,and worth the peace of mind to just change it out.

Thanks for the advise. Yeah $60 is worth it not to go down. My friend that use to ride is selling me his leathers. Once bike is 100% I can run commerce to see what time it runs. Now I'm just polishing and cleaning..

IMG_20140215_141808_980.jpg

IMG_20140215_141830_688.jpg

Its supposed to be 70* here Friday. Hopefully I can get bike on road by then. It would be nice BUT I'm not going to risk it.

I ordered new pan gasket and plan on taking pan off this week. Maybe ill come across a new one by then or see how bad mine is.

Rear brake set up came in today. Now all I need is the brake bar. And to get stock pedal chrome dipped to match other parts on bike. Im going to look for a tribal or flame brake bar to match scheme of bike. Most importantly I'll be taking oil pan off and solving that issue. More to come.... thanks guys

IMG_20140218_170940_708.jpg

I got radiator.exhaust.and oil pan off. Wow! Cheaply made. Not only was threads stripped but there is a hair line crack as well. Fixing to order new one. More to come ....

IMG_20140221_171231_966.jpg

After looking at some pans on eBay they look worse than mine and who knows about the threads. I got a friend that works at Panoz racing and he can get me fixed up. In the mean time...... more cleaning and rear brake installation.

IMG_20140221_182809_672.jpg

Glad you tackled the job bro.Lots of good used Gen I oil pans around(most guys that drag race usually go to a 2" flat pan so the OEM pans go pretty cheap,can find them for sale on most sites for around $60-70).While you have everything out of the way,now would be a good time to do the pair valve mod. and get rid of all that(EPA)crap hanging off the front of the motor.:thumbsup:

Jeff I found out why there is no rear brakes. Aftermarket rotor won't allow factory caliper to fit. Its not deep enough. Am I missing something or do they make a different caliper? Thanks.

IMG_20140222_135932_754.jpg

IMG_20140222_133804_328.jpg

Is that a Busa rear wheel ? We had a fella on here that had a similar issue. He put a Busa wheel and rotor on to fix the issue.

Back