A diamond in the ruff

Thanks again everybody... I'm replacing OK drain plug with a helix or oversized plug. Previous owner stripped it out. Bike is low as crap. I had to pull it up on a 2x4 to get to it correctly. Also got the rear seat cowl in. It completes the looks of bike. Will keep everybody updated. If anybody's near road Atlanta let me know thanks..

:welcome: Glad to have you on hayabusa.org. The site sponsors here can help you with anything you need for your new busa. Our sponsors often have better pricing than you will find online, and they are hayabusa experts that will get you the right part the first time.:thumbsup:

Hey Jeff. I got an oversized piggy back oil drain plug and jb welded into place. Hopefully that takes care of my crossthreaded issue from previous owner. Guess a little oil drip never hurt nobody? Keep you updated when cured and I refill oil. No leaks???

On a happier note I did get the neons rewired and got rid of that rats nest. And I got the chrome shifter tightened up. Had to use guts from stock one. If oil leak is solved the next step is to polish her up and put her back together. Still need rear brake set up b4 rYde. :race:

Hey Jeff. I got an oversized piggy back oil drain plug and jb welded into place. Hopefully that takes care of my crossthreaded issue from previous owner. Guess a little oil drip never hurt nobody? Keep you updated when cured and I refill oil. No leaks???

Just to be on the safe side bro,if I were you I'd pick up another pan(lots of them around and pretty cheap)and change it out first chance you get just for the peace of mind.:thumbsup:

On a happier note I did get the neons rewired and got rid of that rats nest. And I got the chrome shifter tightened up. Had to use guts from stock one. If oil leak is solved the next step is to polish her up and put her back together. Still need rear brake set up b4 rYde. :race:

Double check that the little snap ring which holds your linkage on the shaft is on there good,about 6 months ago I was cruisin' along and when going to downshift found mine had come off somewhere during the ride(all of you guys are good to go,that kind of shyt only ever happens to me:laugh:).

Yeah that's what happened to the 1st snap ring I had on there. Thanks for advise. I will shop around for a pan. Looks like a pain to replace. How do you get headers off? Take radiator and all off. Im going to put a quart in and see if it worked. Next thing on shopping list is rear brake caliper and bar. Anybody going to Myrtle Beach bike week in may?

If you get another oil pan(along with a gasket,and maybe some new exhaust gaskets)I'd just make a day of it and pull everything off(stock exhaust is for the most part one piece)including the radiator so you're not banging into it.It's not too bad,just takes some time.If you don't have anyone to help you or a Gen I manual you can download a free manual to pretty much clarify the process.The piece you JB welded into place may work out fine,but I myself know I'd be as nervous as a ***** in church until I replaced the entire pan(had a friend who stripped one out and a local shop installed an insert in the pan for $50 and never had any problems with it).

Suzuki Gsx-R 1300 Hayabusa | Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles

Hey Jeff. I just ordered the rear brake set up from eBay. It comes with master.extended line and caliper. I have master and a good ridge line on it now. I beleave they just took pedal. Caliper and brake bar off. I found complete set for a reasonable price. That way I got brakes and extra line and master. More to come.

I always pull the radiator off when changing pipes. It is actually quicker for me to do that than to try and work around it. Plus, you will always manage to bend some fins on the rad when you leave it on.

I may have a good pan FS soon, I have a billet one on the way and it should be here anytime

Back