A consistent theme.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks,
I know that there are a lot of really outgoing people on the forum and for every outgoing person we have there is probably 50 that are not. I have received several PM's and emails over the past few weeks from folks telling me that they wished they lived closer to Oklahoma so they could attend events we go to. The professor (Rick) and I had a great conversation on the ride up to the track this weekend about it.

I am not here to preach but I want to pass on some advice from a few things I have learned here...

1. Making friends is pretty darn easy here... BUT you have to follow through with things... If someone invites you out for dinner or lunch then find a way to make it happen.... You only live this life one time, have no regrets, you never know who your good friends will end up being.

2. TALK TO PEOPLE.... Get out of your comfort zone and talk with folks. If you see a busa at the track, in a parking lot, at the mall then talk to them.. Find a way to strike up a conversation you will never know how much you do or dont have in common with someone unless you visit with them..

On the site here you often will hear words like "The inner group" or "The clique" maybe you have heard it as "The Good Ole Boy Club", regardless of what you might think from the outside looking in there really isn't anything we have that you can't be a part of too....

I read a post the other day from Haya in the Hiils thread, they were obviously talking around something that had happenned at the event, everyone that was there was laughing and making comments but I had really no idea what it was about. Just because I didn't know what they were speaking of (It seemed really funny) didn't mean they were trying to keep something from me they were just thinking about a funny time they experienced together, in turn making their bond closer and ya know what we call that...... LIVING THE ORG!

There is nothing stopping anyone from being a part of something like that. Try to make plans to go to one of the many group events we have all over the country, if you can't swing that it understandable so seek out folks in your area... If that doesn't work then meet someone half way just for lunch or a long weekend ride....

In the end I don't want members just sitting around reading what a good time someone else had when you have the same opportunities. Break out of that shell and make the first step to meeting someone new.... It may be uncomfortable at first but I can tell you that my closest friends I have were met by shaking hands with a stranger and putting my best foot forward.....

Live the org before the summer is over.....

cap

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I've met people who have become some of my closest friends at org events.

Last edited:
Words of wisdom right there folks! :thumbsup:

I have met so many good people this way. You will never know the joy of friendship of someone special until you say hello.

Well said Captain. Could not have put lot better myself. Some of the best people i have met have been on trips meeting other bikers. One of my best mates is BMW 1200GS rider. I don't hold it against him, it just means we have to keep an eye out for any fields that need ploughing when out riding. LOL:rofl:
It doesn't matter what you ride being a biker is a starting point for any conversation. You can always suggest they move over to the dark side, but at the end of the day live to ride, ride to live.:bowdown:

Captain is sooooooooooooooooooo correct saying what he did!!! I've been on the board for alittlebit, disregarding invites to go riding with other members and then I pulled the trigger acouple days ago.
I went to my first .org gathering, Hayas In the Hills, which was 5 days ago. The guys & gals were so great! We had so much fun that we're getting together tommorrow through the weekend for roar on the shore!

RoarOnTheShore

Not to threadjack but everyone's welcome to come!!!

I agree with the Cap and Mark 100%. I m shy and have been to 3 Org organized rides now, Its worth the drive everytime. Had to come out off my comfort zone some but again VERY worth it. We had a good time at the Haya in the Hills, riding and at the campfire.

very well said doug... i talked to you couple years ago letting you know my intents on why i saw this "rift" and what i was going to do to change it!! i give major props to theshnizzel and kitchner rider for doing well over 5 hrs just to come to see us when others who were alot closer ....didnt. and now they regret not pulling the "trigger" to get together. i give major props to penegrie falcon 89 (colton) for seeing a busa along our ride stopped...turned arround and sped off to catch them before they left. and it was solarbarack and butterfly (brad and renee) who i must also give major props to for even though they missed the start of the ride they stayed in the local area for well over 7hrs talking to the locals and trying to hunt us down till colton stopped....they followed us back to the cabin and hung out and got to meet everyone...now brad and renee are comeing up with me and my wife and mark (illuminati) and jay (redkat05) and doing the roar in the shore weekend (something i have been posting on this forum as a BIG activity here in erie pa) for over 3 years and jay and i were only ones to show...now...we have the org. representing this year..!!! pull the trigger...do what it takes...you will NOT be dissapointed. take the effort...start a activity and if only couple show up DO IT AGAIN!! your efforts will be rewarded!!! :cheerleader:

I'll agree that the "chance conversation" can lead to very lasting friendships. It's just too bad that between deployments and 3 young kids that the wife and I can't get to the far away events. Is there anything or anyone in east florida?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in that same boat! I'm a very out going person, but with a 11 month old at home I don't get to meet all the people I used to when I go out riding. I have to admit though that some of my closet current friends were people I met striking up conversations about riding.

Goods words for sure, Out of the 137 friends i have on my friends list, 91 of them i have either meet in person or got to ride with at one of the events, MnG's, or bashes and none of it would have been possible if it wasnt for the Hayabusaorg. And hopefully someday i will get to meet and ride with the other ones that i havent got to meet or ride with yet. Because everyone seems to be great people so far.

Hey folks,
I know that there are a lot of really outgoing people on the forum and for every outgoing person we have there is probably 50 that are not. I have received several PM's and emails over the past few weeks from folks telling me that they wished they lived closer to Oklahoma so they could attend events we go to. The professor (Rick) and I had a great conversation on the ride up to the track this weekend about it.

I am not here to preach but I want to pass on some advice from a few things I have learned here...

1. Making friends is pretty darn easy here... BUT you have to follow through with things... If someone invites you out for dinner or lunch then find a way to make it happen.... You only live this life one time, have no regrets, you never know who your good friends will end up being.

2. TALK TO PEOPLE.... Get out of your comfort zone and talk with folks. If you see a busa at the track, in a parking lot, at the mall then talk to them.. Find a way to strike up a conversation you will never know how much you do or dont have in common with someone unless you visit with them..

On the site here you often will hear words like "The inner group" or "The clique" maybe you have heard it as "The Good Ole Boy Club", regardless of what you might think from the outside looking in there really isn't anything we have that you can't be a part of too....

I read a post the other day from Haya in the Hiils thread, they were obviously talking around something that had happenned at the event, everyone that was there was laughing and making comments but I had really no idea what it was about. Just because I didn't know what they were speaking of (It seemed really funny) didn't mean they were trying to keep something from me they were just thinking about a funny time they experienced together, in turn making their bond closer and ya know what we call that...... LIVING THE ORG!

There is nothing stopping anyone from being a part of something like that. Try to make plans to go to one of the many group events we have all over the country, if you can't swing that it understandable so seek out folks in your area... If that doesn't work then meet someone half way just for lunch or a long weekend ride....

In the end I don't want members just sitting around reading what a good time someone else had when you have the same opportunities. Break out of that shell and make the first step to meeting someone new.... It may be uncomfortable at first but I can tell you that my closest friends I have were met by shaking hands with a stranger and putting my best foot forward.....

Live the org before the summer is over.....

cap

HERE! HERE! :clap:

definitely a good post there Capt!

I cant tell you all how many people I have met and talk to all the time as a result of stepping out of my comfort zone and saying Hi. It started for me 8 almost 9yrs ago with an Avalanche function that I drove 6hrs to attend knowing *no one*. After that weekend I had developed a number of new friends and most of those friends are some of my closest to this day. Same thing here, from the very first busa bash through all the local rides and just posting up when traveling to other cities for work, I've met some amazing folks that I consider great friends.

The first step is always yours, for the most part if people are participating in the forum they are open to communication from new/unknown folks. Be nice, put up a post if you want riding buddies or if you want to do dinner sometime. The key is don't be offended or hindered if only a few folks show up.

The way I look at things and organize or participate in events is easy and has served me well over the years. I only post or participate in events that I would normally do with or without participation from others. Having others join you is great but in this way you are not setting up for a disappointment if one person or no one shows up for your event. I will say that I've had smaller than hoped for turn outs but never any no shows :thumbsup:

This place is full of amazing folks so if you are on the fence, just reach out, you'll find a bunch of hoons with similar interests here.... no matter what it is :beerchug:

I put 1000kms on that day for haya in the hills, rode down by myself and 17hrs later was back home, Met some cool people and had a great ride. Sat at niagra falls thinking about the day and can't wait to go next year or sooner, You only go around once, catch the ride its worth it.

Very true words indeed. The first month we purchased our busa, I posted up asking about OKC, Cap let us in on some things to do around town. Low and behold we had dinner with Cap and Kristi, Rick(Professor) and Christie, next thing you know I am meeting pbghost and Chelo in Checota Oklahoma to ride 5 hours to meet folks at our very first Eureka meet. That was the first time I met Semi and Busawhipped. My closest and dearest friends were met right here on the oRg. Get out folks, meet people, have fun, and live life!

Last edited:
I put 1000kms on that day for haya in the hills, rode down by myself and 17hrs later was back home, Met some cool people and had a great ride. Sat at niagra falls thinking about the day and can't wait to go next year or sooner, You only go around once, catch the ride its worth it.

thank you...i have been having doubts about trying to organize next year...and to hear this from you.....thank you

I wish i could meet everyone here on the oRg cause you all seem like awesome people but ill settle for just meeting ones near me. I know MC Mustang is near me and we have been planning to ride for a while now. I just keep getting stuck with duty and other crap

Back