A chat with a bike theif

dezzy7

Registered
Weirdest thing happened today. I'm headed home and my cell phone rings. I note the number is coming from out of state. I pick up and the guy starts telling me he's a friend of a friend and heard my bike got stolen at Bike Week. So now I'm curious, he tells me that he got my number from a friend of mine who i casually know as another rider. Then he tell me he's gonna 3way me with the other guy. He 3ways me back and begins to tell me he got a kawi for sell for $1500, I politely tell him I'm not a kawi fan I ride a busa. So then he begins to tell me he can get whatever I want and that busas and 1000s are hot items but he can have it for me in a matter of days. Mind you I just got my bike stolen a couple of weeks ago, and I'm thinking I figure my riding partners have put out and APB on my bike trying to help me find it and someone has connections of a twisted sort and is simply trying to help me get back on two wheels so I'm not gonna tell the guy if I knew who you were I have your tail busted and strung up.
So I politely dismiss the call, but I was thinking I know someone is trying to get me back up and running but I'ld be damned before I ride a stolen bike. I wouldn't be scared that the cops would catch me but that Karma would catch up with me... And perhaps more importantly how could I enjoty riding a bike that I knew another person had scuffled saved and sacraficed for...and had cared about as much as I cared about mine and he was sitting somewhere grieving over his lost as I am over mine.

Man good intention or not a bike thief is a bike thief and deserves to be strung up by his balls while someone does a burnout on his butt cheeks. I think I was more pissed thinking about the callous way he was talking about stealing another persons bike suzuk, kawi or even a duck as carefree and easily as someone would talk about buying and ice cream cone. Yeah I'm venting I know but the thought of it really perturbed me.

Thieves have some audacity... heck thats the same thing some thief is probably doing to my bike ..trying to sell my pride and joy for pennies on the dollar to make a quick underserved buck while i sit here bikeless for the rest of the summer dealing with insurance hassles.

Piss on em and any other thief of any kind.

Bottom line, I'll go bikeless before I partake of another man's stolen ride. A note of warning based on this conversation make sure you lock your ride with a GOOD chain to something immovable and cover it up while you're traveling. Because if you leave it in the open it draws too much attention... Some of these thieves are pros... they come equipped to steal a bike, and don't mind taking the car along with the trailer. This guy was sharp and professional listening to him talk gave me a clue on how to secure not only the bike but the trailer next time, but I post those helpful hints tomorrow.

Pissed but sleepy!
DEZ

i have been a locksmith for seven years and have friends who do alarms and youd be suprised how quick i could get your bike
(mot that i would cause i feel the same way you do( but ive been asked more than a coup;e times to make a key for a bike or car and just hand it over for as much as 500. im sure alot of guys do it.i knew one who did and i made a phone call and he got busted. problem is 3 months in jail and back out and in the lock buisness again. to bad there is no regulation in locksmithing. there was and article in the locksmith ledger a while back that was quite scary, locksmithing is the #1 profession in the work release program! and something like 25% of all locksmiths are convicted felons. and guess what?companies generally operate on one guys license, so its probably a higher number. lockem up and pray! or do like i do when im parking outside somewhere overnight. take out the battery and get the masterlock handcuffs. i can get them for 75 last i checked if you all are interested. they are nive and use barrel keys so they are alot harder to pick. oh and you can pull the battery in 5 mins and i figure its worth finding my bike still there! good luck and screw those thieves and let me know on the cuffs:D

i have heard so much about thiefs that makes me sick even getting into this conversation because that piss me off so much ... screw all thiefs and death to all of them taking out the happines of are decent riders out there... i say make a law get caught 20-life ...

Dez, I'm with you on this one! Plus, I'm still laughing about your burn-out comment above.........
smile.gif

I don't know if anyone remembers my story
i had my bike stolen and i know how it fell
amazingly she was recovered 4 days after.
That was no joy ride since my disc lock was still on
the front disk.
I park outside in a fenced parking lot and now I have alarm beepers, chain, locks and locks.
It takes me 10 min before going to ride.
If I could buy some else to make it safer I would.

can you try to get that number traced back?
or maybe you should play his game, call the authorities and have gim caught

dang dez, maybe you should have the call traced by the police...who knows that guy might have a lead on your bike
rock.gif

Thats the first thing that came to my mind, you dont know this guy so no worrys, call the police and inform them of the info. You get a new bike this guy may steel it from you later.

I like the burn out comment
biggrin.gif

Back