A cager merges into your lane

A cager merges into your lane - What do you do?

• Honk your horn and hit the brakes?

Votes: 71 98.6%
  • Hit the gas and shoot in front?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pull along the other side and give the unapproving nod?

• Flip them off?

• Kick their car?

• A combination of the above?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TALYN

Donating Member
Registered
Had a cager merge over on me coming home this morning, no where to go with the barrier wall on my left (HOV lane) cars in front and cars in back, honked the horn, the driver panicked and moved closer to me, are you ready.... I knocked him in the head through his open window and he flinched over enough for me to grab the throttle and shoot out in front of him... of course at this point I am pi$$ed so he left me no choice but to turn around and tell him he was number one..... he quickly merged off the interstate..... I regained my composure and verified that I had not in fact crapped myself... all was clear... rant.gif

Where is "Throw a handful of rocks that you carry in your pocket at the windshield" option?

Seriously...

I usually speed up and get in front.. unless they seem like a whack job then I will hit the brakes and get behind

Oh yeah.. and lane sharing is illega in AZ, too bad a cop wasnt around to cite him.

Glad you made it out ok...

I have problems similar to this all the time here were i live. Mostly because of the 18,19, 20 somthin year old kids out of the house for the first time. The have a car which few of the young airman have here on the base. Cars will be FULL of these 18 to 20 somthin year old kids and the driver is in complete i'm cool mode because i've got a car full of guys that like me because i have a car. I have had cars pull out infront of me so many times on base here in the last 3 years now its pathetic. I've been run off the road on the freeway here in town twice. Once it was a teenager that happend to be heading to the base. I caught up to him at the gate and nearly put my gloved fist through his passenger window. Had a guy in a 4Runner pull out and turn left infront of me yesterday. Good thing i stopped in the middle of the intersection. I could see the guy looking in his mirrors laughing as he went through the intersection all the while i was on the horn telling him he was number 1. Enough ranting for me! wow.gif I always ride like people are out to drive over me... if you dont, you could end up squashed or dead! Be safe out there guys/gals!

Hit the horn, and when they keep coming into your lane, kick the side of their car & shake the bike. They think they hit you and 9 times outta 10, they run for it...problem solved.

I carry a gun just for such an occassion. guns.gif

But seriously, I like the pocket of rocks/or BB pellets idea as long as you can single them out. If I saw someone laughing about it afterwards I would take that as they meant to do it and just don't give a sh!t. That would deserve an @ss beating.

Unfortunately the issue of "Cager-Lane humping" is happening way to much. I've used all the methods in the poll, and found that honking the horn does nothing for me. My Middle finger usually reacts by itself in these situations...almost like it has a mind of its own, and I've even suprised myself a few times at how quick that darn finger has decided to do its own thing.

Making physical contact with the cager was something I never use to do, but as I become older, I become less patient, and now find myself becoming more agressive. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

seems to me that whenever I'm wearin my helmet w/ICON Skull jacket n TiMax Gloves...no cagers ever come near me! had one tryin to squeeze ahead of me on interstate-I jumped up n gave him the "get back there bub" thumb n he gave me the bird...but he slowed n got back there where he belonged. When I ride sans-full gear, I'm usually not in the fast lane so dont have to worry bout dumb cagers getn in the way.

IF i ever get sum one dumb enuf n so oblivious to the world that they drive me outa my lane-being the kinda guy i am, I will give them oppourtunity to show some sort of apologetic response...if none is offered...well, wont be the first time i been in jail-get my drift?mad.gif

Had a lady in a SUV pull out in front of on Saturday, it was like she waited for me as she had time to pull out earlier. Instead she waited till I was close enough that I had to nearly stop for her. Would have been a wreck if not that when I see a side road I look for a cage and if I see one I watch it the whole way.

I have even hand one guy the mirror off his van at the nest stop light. Kinda glad he did not get out. He may have been the biggest A-hole I ever F-ed with.

I really wonder if I can shoot someone doing that to me. In teh state of Florida we have what is called the castle doctrine that has recently been applied to vehicles. Basically it works like this, If you are in your domain or place of business and somebody approaches you or confronts you in such a manner that you truly fear for your life then you are permitted to take theirs. If I am in the fast lane cruising at 70mph with a car in front a car in back a wall to the left and Mr. Ahole trying to merge directly into me I'm pretty dang sure I'm in fear of losing my life! Would that make it legal to cleanse the gene pool? I carry a .45 Ruger with me so I'm always prepared. Maybe they could just issue me a special "Cleansing Permit" and allow me to clean the gene pool one idiot cager at a time...

I really wonder if I can shoot someone doing that to me. In teh state of Florida we have what is called the castle doctrine that has recently been applied to vehicles. Basically it works like this, If you are in your domain or place of business and somebody approaches you or confronts you in such a manner that you truly fear for your life then you are permitted to take theirs. If I am in the fast lane cruising at 70mph with a car in front a car in back a wall to the left and Mr. Ahole trying to merge directly into me I'm pretty dang sure I'm in fear of losing my life! Would that make it legal to cleanse the gene pool? I carry a .45 Ruger with me so I'm always prepared. Maybe they could just issue me a special "Cleansing Permit" and allow me to clean the gene pool one idiot cager at a time...
If not "Tis better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6".... beerchug.gif

if your guna shoot-plug the cager's front grill with a trio...most likely you'll blow their radiator to he11, if you're lucky you may even rip a belt and shut their cage down completely.

me-i'd rather follow the dumb-fck wherever they're going and get to know them on a much more personal level bluegrab.gif

one thing I do in these situations is think were am i going if they dont stop and just keep coming then I usually just punch it and get out of there. Im with u guys about getting even but lets not forget why we are spending time messing with this a$$%^&e something else can happen in a blink of an eye with another cager be careful out there. Also they are in a car and they can kill us alot faster then we can them and people are crazy enough to do anything today have to watch that road rage.

I hit the gas and go... Oh and BigDiesel, I have the same Skull jacket and Helmet. They are a good set of gear for keeping people off my back because when riding with those on it is always a trouble and incident free experience. Only down side is when rollin through bible beating areas the cops tend to take more interest in me when wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back