a buy probably gone bad?

scooterlord

Registered
i went in ebay and was searching for items. came up with a pair of yoshis that a guy sold for $480. contacted him, checked he was verified, he was ok with previous transactions, so i sent him the money and he hasn't replied my emails from then (that's 4 days now). name is busabos or busaracingbos. first of all anyone knows of him? dunno something may have happened to him, but $480 is not a small sum of money.

so, if anything happens to go wrong, is there anything i can do? help me out. did quite some transactions so far but everything went ok...

did you pay through PayPal? if yes, you are automatically covered for freud cases - although I would not worry too much, they could be in the mail, just not there yet..

By all means, contact PayPal and let them know of your concerns ASAP!..

Also most major Cr. Cards have "withdraw" options in case of freud, so you must contact them if not paypal..

..keep us informed, if he is a busa owner this group here KNOWS him!..

Hopfully he is just on a short vacation or something, but I would cotact PayPal.

ninja eater, exactly my thought, but contacted paypal already. let's hope everything goes fine. i'll keep you guys informed.

There is also a place called SquareTrade that you can work with to get problems resolved. If paypal and ebay wont help I would give them a shout.

This very same thing happened to me about a year ago.
Don't wait too long to file a complaint cause there is a time frame, 30 days I think, but do give the person some time to contact you.
Is there a physical phone number or business address to get ahold of them?

Purchased a body kit from the Idaho area, never got a response from the seller, although he did get our $450.

Here is what we did.

Go onto e-bay and file a complaint, with e-bay.
Also as TP said, file a complaint with Square trade.
Also file a complaint with Paypal.

We did all 3, now for the bad news.

1. E-bay did nothing, said that our particular seller was not "verified" so they would not do anything. (nice)

2. Square Trade, said they investigeated it, and hit a "dead end"

3. Paypal just basically said it was not their problem

I sent many e-mails back and forth to these people, mostly got the run around and was told you need to file this/that complaint with so and so, all of which we had done.
We kept very good e-mail records both saved on the computer and printed a copy also.

4. Lastly we contacted out credit card company. (probably about 30 days after getting nowhere with the 3 above)
Within about 1 week I recieved an e-mail from both paypal and e-bay jumping my case as to why I did not contact them first and try and resolve the issue thru them.  
mad.gif

I politely sent them a copy of the case #, our e-mail correspondence over the last several months and again ask them to do something. They said they would look into it.

Well, why they were "looking into it", my credit card company sent us a check for the full amount.

Score 1 for the credit card company and 0 for ebay/paypal

I did send another e-mail to both e-bay and paypal. E-bay never sent anything back, but paypal sent a letter saying how "upset" they were that I went through my credit card company. I have a feeling paypal had to come up with the money.

Anyway,
File all the complaints you can. oh yea I also filed a complaint with the USPO and the FBI, they both have a web page to do that, figured it could not hurt, and I did have the persons name and home town, real or not I do not know.

Keep records of all your e-mail and good luck, keep pushing and you should get your money back.

Ride safe.

i am sooooo embarrased to say this, and although i have already sent an email to paypal, checked squaretrade, and was about to contact my bank-which means i was poisitive that the seller disappeared, this morning i noticed this. although i had put track topic in the forum here and although i got replies i didn't see anything in my inbox (hotmail). but i saw 15 emails in the junk email folder, and i was like, what's going on here? checked it and to my great embarassement the guy had replied to my emails several times, responding with great patience to my -a bit angry- emails. and i already filed a complaint. damn i suck. HOTMAIL SUCKS. i don't know why this happened. i didn't filter the mail i didn't block an account. nothing. and ALL my emails went straight to the junk email folder. luckily i saw the junk email number increasing. hayabusa.org's forum helped a lot
sad.gif
sorry for all the fuss i created, however it gave me the chance to see what happens in case something goes wrong and hope that the help given from other hayabuser's will help others as well.

what i found out myself was that the bank would be the best solution (as was already mentioned).

sorry guys once more, i am glad that everything goes well with my buy, i'll post again as soon as i get the exhausts here, off i go to draw the complaint
sad.gif
i feel so bad. just imagine that guy being contacted by paypal although he sent everything ok
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

..no sweat - just remember to write to PayPal & Ebay about your goof and get this guy off the hook! ..I have ebay sending me "non-paying-bidder" notifications DAILY, for a f***-up that a seller played on me.. ..of course he was paid, but he never "retracted" the flag from ebay, from negligence alone..

(..he promised to do it today.. ..we'll see..
smile.gif
)

I was going to suggest waiting for about two weeks before sounding the alarm, or at least one week. Some sellers are slow getting to the post office because they want to make one trip and are waiting for other payments to come through.

I use Yahoo email when I don't care if someone put's my email address on a spam list. I get about 50 spam emails a day that automatically go in a spam folder, but I sometimes see legitimate emails go in there that I was waiting for. I hate wading through penii ads looking for emails before I delete them all.

Back