A busy past week, good and bad!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
What a week...... I have been very busy over the past few days just processing a lot of emotion and taking in the events of the past week...

It all started late last Saturday night when LCB arrived at the house from Delaware. Lisa had contacted me many months ago and we worked it out where she would come down just before Eureka and I could install her cruise control on the busa. I started the cruise on Sunday evening and she left to go meet some old friends. I finished the cruise up on Sunday afternoon and Lisa came back on Monday afternoon with someone behind her. A really nice FJR1300 pulled into my drive and the rider got off the bike, took his helmet off and I told myself that he looked familiar. Ever seen someone that you knew the face but just couldn't place them... Yeah well I looked at this guy and said to myself "That looks just like "Lamb Busa" then he said, hey captain and I knew it was him.... Lisa had purchased the bike from California and Lamb rode it to Oklahoma to save shipping cost and he got a free vacation out of it... So Lamb, Lisa and I laughed and visited, spent some great relaxing time in the hot tub and they both headed out on Tuesday for Hot Springs Arkansas to get the most out of the time Lamb had here...

On Wednesday my wife picked up Vabusa from the airport as we had planned a suprise visit for Omar at Eureka. Chelle stayed with us on Wed, more hot tub time and lots of laughs and then on Thurs I went to work and Chelle stayed home with Kristie and just relaxed. Thursday night we loaded up and headed out to Eureka springs and we, pulled in about midnight. The plan was to suprise Omar with Vabusa and I think that we did just that. The drive out there was unique, I have been telling everyone the trip was like being trapped in a car with your wife and ex wife at the same time, but it was all fun...

The week started out with this great high, I was able to see good friends and spend some time laughing. The first day at Eureka (Friday) was great and we went on a ride and came back and got into the pool and just relaxed. Lot's of laughs with good friends, we stayed up until about 2:30 am telling jokes and just enjoying the company. Sat we all know what happened and since then life has been very busy, the trip back, the funeral home and today the funeral.

What I learned most from this week is that life is really short and I had better make the most of it with my kids, wife and friends... You all better get ready cause as I have processed all my emotions from the past week one thing keeps coming up... SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FRIENDS!

Lamb / Lisa / Michelle

What an honor to have you all at my house, my kids think you are the most awesome ever.. Lamb thanks for spending some time with my youngest, he thinks you're awesome for climbing up on his fort with him... I have a few pics but I need to sort them out..

Thanks Org for being my friend!

cap

Last edited:
The plan was to suprise Omar with Vabusa and I think that we did just that.

Y'all did just that! Doug pulled in and the group went over to greet him... I see Doug and he says, "Hey Omar - can you go help Kristie with some stuff?"

"Sure!" as I head around to the other side of the Trail Blazer... I open the front door expecting to see Kristie (keep in mind it's around midnight when they show up - so it's dark) and I open the door and see Michelle there! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?"

Yeah - I was very surprised! Thanks so much for helping get her out there! Y'all are great friends and I look forward to when we can get together again!

Very nice. I spoke to a friend that told me Lamb was riding a transport to Fl. and stopping at the Springs enroute. Wow Lisa :whistle:. Great surprise you guys set up for some very special folks. Life ends; yes, enjoy it while you can and leave the petty BS behind. My motto since 40 :thumbsup:

Y'all did just that! Doug pulled in and the group went over to greet him... I see Doug and he says, "Hey Omar - can you go help Kristie with some stuff?"

"Sure!" as I head around to the other side of the Trail Blazer... I open the front door expecting to see Kristie (keep in mind it's around midnight when they show up - so it's dark) and I open the door and see Michelle there! "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?"

Yeah - I was very surprised! Thanks so much for helping get her out there! Y'all are great friends and I look forward to when we can get together again!

That's not exactly what you said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's not exactly what you said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tristan will attest to this :rofl: Hey, at least he didn't say "BAD WORD!" :laugh:

Doug and Kristie, I can't thank you two enough for EVERYTHING, for opening up your home to me, for the laughs, just too much to list. I loved meeting your kids and I had fun with both of them...Doug was so worried I wasn't relaxing, enjoying time away from "kids", but I missed mine and I was right at home with Tristan and games, dragons and talk of sword fights :thumbsup: Evan and I both like rap and once he got me in his sports car to hear the sound system, we were tight :lol:

I got to meet some new oRg members and cherish my Friday night between Wes and Jill, laughing so hard my stomach hurt (Lamb sitting across from us, lending to the pain)...I'm with Doug; take time to know more about those we talk to each day here. We truly have some great members!!

Doug, I've told everyone at work about 'Dis in my way' and we're all having tons of laughs at your expense. I think the male co-workers are jealous and may want to visit OK soon :rofl:

Life is too short, and I have been reminded of that fact again this last weekend. Tell those in your life you love them while you can, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy the things you like to do. Thank you all for letting me share this life with you.

Life is too short, and I have been reminded of that fact again this last weekend. Tell those in your life you love them while you can, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy the things you like to do. Thank you all for letting me share this life with you.

Well said!

I'm so glad we were able to make the trip and see our friends.

Well said!

I'm so glad we were able to make the trip and see our friends.

I am glad you guys made it too. I have to give big props to Diana for riding on that itty bitty beemer seat. :laugh:

Back