A British soldier was just hacked to death on a busy street in England.....

What we are Witnessing is a Break Down in Society due to the Immorality of others. Eventually when it happens to you in your Home Town...........It Might Be TOO Late. :(

Robert

Moral of the story: move to Australia!
It happens everywhere. Like RSD said, there are no simple answers and extreme views on either side create hatred and don't provide any answers.

Condolences to those who have lost a loved one.

I've been reading this and thinking if I should write something or not, it's hard to put things into words sometimes.

No my brains not working I can't find the words to write.

All I can say is RIP solder.

If we shoot someone in the UK even if they are in your house and the gun is legal ie a shotgun we will prob go to prison for a good few years, even a cop discharging his weapon wether someone is injured or not will be taken off active duty on the street for around 3 months while the incident is investigated.................go figure, its crazy !!!

Homocide in the UK according to Blanca's chart...1.49 per 100,000

Flint Michigan...homicide...64.9 per 100,000

Where's that whistling dude....:laugh:

RSD.

Your post is flawed. You compare a city to a country.
Compare one of the Uk roughest hoods to Flint and it will be similar.

How many people per 100,000 were murdered in Kennesaw, Ga?

Rubb, Canada has a totally different population scenario than the US and therefore is not a good comparison. What, 80% of Canada's population is within 50 miles of the US border? And even then the population density is waaay smaller than the US. Different culture. Not better, not worse, just different.

Regardless - Canada has their Constitution and we have ours, which includes the right to keep and bear arms. People in the UK used to have the right to defend themselves too, but they were stupid enough to give that up - now they live with the benefits or the consequences.

I like our 2nd Amendment just fine and I'll keep my guns, thank you.

I use to carry always, lived in a country where the homicide rate was 31.8 per 100,000.
Now I live in the US where it is 4.8 and the civil as well as criminal law liability is a major factor. So, I no longer carry, my guns are just toys for fun on the range.

Sad about the soldier, but the US and especially the UK really need to look at their immigration laws, who they allow into the country and stop trying to act like god when it comes to the rights of foreigners.

The sad part is the people who stood around and watched out of fear. I dont beleave it was fear of the two men but fear of being prosecuted for going after these guys who have different beliefs than them. The political correctness crap has to stop. Hopefully when the PM gets booted out the next party will close the borders and forcibly remove illegals. You know behind closed doors in the mosques they are wringing their hands going ,got another one. Its wrong but happy to see the edl banding together.

I guess we are once again back to square one. His chart vs his chart. His belief vs his belief, with absolutely no viable logical outcome ever to be reached.

If the UK is in such horrible morale condition there's nothing that Rubb can say that is going to alter that.

If it's the same in the US...Rubb cant do squat there either.

For me,and what I believe,I always hoped there might one day be some happy,intelligence based,common sense approach to "The Gun Issue."
That was yesterday.:laugh:

There seems to always be 3 groups in debates like this:
Gun advocates who sometimes appear to be fuggin nutz to me.Folks with blinders on and ear plugs in.
Those opposed,who sometimes appear equally nutty to me.Folks with blinders on,and ear plugs in.
And then my group.Folks who's platform it appears to the previous 2 groups as being even more fugged up than anybody elses.Because we dont whole heartly agree with either side.Both sides with their blinding faith find "middle-grounders" like myself useless to either cause. I wont march in the streets ever to protest either side,whats the point. This is one of those issues that has no promise of a smart,intelligent,NON-EMOTIONAL resolution EVER.

I think the entire world loses at bit more each day with the shrinking of group three. As folks like myself get bored and throw in the towel,it only strengthens the resolve of the 2 extremist groups that will continue to grow larger. These folks will continue to preach to their children their beliefs which will in turn ensure that no healthy outcome for both sides will ever be reached.

News articles,graphs and charts,extremists on both sides....I dont really give a fug. I'm lucky,I dont need to sleep with a gun under my pillow.

You boys have fun,no ill will towards either side from me,because for me,it just dont matter.I'm an' extremist now too.... I don't give a fug. :whistle:

Rubb.

towel.jpg

I saw this, this morning on the news, some of the most bazaar crap I ever seen, he’s standing there people looking at him, guys videotaping him, the whole time he still has the weapons in his hand bloodied and then the lady just non-saliently walks by!!!! wth.......

The sad part is the people who stood around and watched out of fear. I dont beleave it was fear of the two men but fear of being prosecuted for going after these guys who have different beliefs than them. The political correctness crap has to stop. Hopefully when the PM gets booted out the next party will close the borders and forcibly remove illegals. You know behind closed doors in the mosques they are wringing their hands going ,got another one. Its wrong but happy to see the edl banding together.

No, they just don't care for their fellow neighbor is all. No fear, just sheep minded complacency.

And before anyone says we or they need to watch who let in listen careful to the murderers accent.
It's as thick British as you can get. He's a Londoner thru and thru. Many news agencies have already pointed this out.

you are wrong on both accounts, chapels in hospitals over there dont have bibles in case they offend someone. its not complancency. Indoctrination of children happens in the home, guessing the parents preach it to them.. and they carry it on. No matter what you say Blanca you will never convince me. but then i only get information from my family, who still live there.
No, they just don't care for their fellow neighbor is all. No fear, just sheep minded complacency.

And before anyone says we or they need to watch who let in listen careful to the murderers accent.
It's as thick British as you can get. He's a Londoner thru and thru. Many news agencies have already pointed this out.

you are wrong on both accounts, chapels in hospitals over there dont have bibles in case they offend someone. its not complancency. Indoctrination of children happens in the home, guessing the parents preach it to them.. and they carry it on. No matter what you say Blanca you will never convince me. but then i only get information from my family, who still live there.

What are you talking about? The people we see in video standing around are sheep watching a man be butchered.
Did I mention bibles or religion? My neighborhood, my friends my family the people I know would not stand around and watch that. They would have acted. But Britains are used to be disarmed and waiting for help rather than doing the help themselves. Has nothing to do with religion.
Indoctrination? Yeah sure. They are raised from a young age over there not to be able to take care of themselves. Give up your own security for a fantasy blanket courtesy of the govt, which by the way took over thirty minutes to arrive on scene in London? They are lucky the murderer was such the cherry ole chap and didn't slaughter thirty other sheep while he was patiently waiting for the bobbies to show.

its a shame what happened. It will be a shame when it happens here, not if, when. They will do it somewhere with strict gun laws, like maybe NYC or CT, I'd bet lunch money on it that we see similar violence in the US as a additive building on the UK stuff. We might see it somewhere else first, though doubtful in some places like FL or TX where folks have guns, are allowed by law to use them in a situation like that and have done so. You will likely *never* see such a thing in downtown Austin for example. The bad guys would be so full or holes you'd need dna just to decide if they were male or female :laugh:

But in all seriousness, anywhere globally that the laws punish those willing to step in to stop something or do something positive have consequences almost equal to or in some cases greater than the act they are attempting to prevent, it boils down to morals. Sadly most people's moral compass is so f'd up they cant find the parking lot at walmart. :banghead:

I'm so shocked by this story and feel for this poor man and the family he's left behind. Another case of someone not being right-in-the-head if you ask me, I don't care of you pray to Mickey Mouse, there's just no reason for this type of unprovoked violence. These guys can give all the "rational reasons" they feel are necessary for their pitiful cause, in the end, to me anyway, they're just 2 more nut jobs in the world and it's a damn shame no one ran 'em over with tanks long ago...

:banghead:

Last edited:
I needed to take a step back from this thread and see what kind of responses it received, I believe I made clear where I stood on the situation. As expected it created some intelligent dialog, some heated rhetoric on both sides and of course GNbretts inane (look up the word brett) nonsensical ranting thrown in. Its called a "soft" target for a reason def: soft target 1. a person or thing that is relatively unprotected or vulnerable, especially to military or terrorist aggression. I see both sides separating farther apart, the pro gun and self defense / self reliance people banding together and moving to places that protect their right to protect themselves and the anti gun pro government people that rely on the government to keep them safe.

In my opinion I have not seen the Federal government bureaucracy able to wipe their own butts much less make rational policy. I will never be a "soft target" for someone like the guys that hacked that defenseless man to death in England. I will always exercise my constitutional right in the hope that I can protect myself, my friends, my family and any innocent person being murdered in front of my eyes. I hope I never have to be in that position but I have the ability and the balls to do it if needed and choose to associate with like minded people. The rest of you I guess can wait for 30 minutes for the government to show up.

Back