99 speedometer

1) You'd be lucky to even find a '99 speedo or instrument cluster . .
2) It would be difficult if not impossible/not worth the time and work involved . .
3) You really need to come back to reality (if there actually is such a place)
4) Why would ya?

1) You'd be lucky to even find a '99 speedo
(...)

yes - undamaged 99 and 00 speedos are now rare like a 5 ounce gold nugget in a river
and their price increases from year to year - last offer i saw at ebay.de was 380 € (in those days new arround USD1000)

but -
1f92b.png
- I have two more (european, km/h) in my living room shelf :)

yes - undamaged 99 and 00 speedos are now rare like a 5 ounce gold nugget in a river
and their price increases from year to year - last offer i saw at ebay.de was 380 € (in those days new arround USD1000)

but - View attachment 1610356 - I have two more (european, km/h) in my living room shelf :)
Wow. . . You wanna sell one?
Mine has some sun lensing damage on the rpm needle centre and the surround...
Please??

1) You'd be lucky to even find a '99 speedo or instrument cluster . .
2) It would be difficult if not impossible/not worth the time and work involved . .
3) You really need to come back to reality (if there actually is such a place)
4) Why would ya?
Was just curious so I figured it was a holy grail thing

99/00 speedo shows 220 mph in the US.
(...) Putting a 220 speedo on a bike doesn't make it able to go 220....

thanks 4 info

yes and no
if you put a 99/00 speedo into a 02-07
AND !
flash out the 6th gear restriction in the ecu (by computer & interface),
the 02-07 busa goes faster than before
and
the 99/00 speedo shows again / still the correct speed at 02-07´s from 0 - 340 km/h respectively 0-220 mph
reason:
in the speedo they have an "inverter" who "calculates" the impulses of the "taker" down at the sprocket.
so the 99/00 calc´s different to 02-07

so our experiances here in germany at "not speed restricted / open highways". ;-)

thanks 4 info

yes and no
if you put a 99/00 speedo into a 02-07
AND !
flash out the 6th gear restriction in the ecu (by computer & interface),
the 02-07 busa goes faster than before
and
the 99/00 speedo shows again / still the correct speed at 02-07´s from 0 - 340 km/h respectively 0-220 mph
reason:
in the speedo they have an "inverter" who "calculates" the impulses of the "taker" down at the sprocket.
so the 99/00 calc´s different to 02-07

so our experiances here in germany at "not speed restricted / open highways". ;-)
I'll say it again, try and keep up. Putting a 220 mph speedometer on a restricted bike doesn't derestrict it, I don't care if you're in Germany or anywhere else. Obviously, if you derestrict it, a bike will go faster, but that has nothing to do with the gauges. At all.
Also, 99/00 bikes are 16 bit electronics where 02+ are 32 bit. I'm not sure how this will affect compatibility, but it might.

“Try and keep up”? OUCH. Is there a reason the 01s are missing from both of your conversations? Aren’t they the same as 02-07s?

“Try and keep up”? OUCH. Is there a reason the 01s are missing from both of your conversations? Aren’t they the same as 02-07s?
I grow tired of correcting the same person repeatedly, I don't do it unless he draws me into the conversation directly. He is a fountain of information, some of what he says is inaccurate and thus needs correction.

The 01's are a bastard year with a combination of 16 bit and 32 bit electronics, they have essentially nothing interchangeable backwards or forwards besides chassis parts.

I grow tired of correcting the same person repeatedly, I don't do it unless he draws me into the conversation directly. He is a fountain of information, some of what he says is inaccurate and thus needs correction.

The 01's are a bastard year with a combination of 16 bit and 32 bit electronics, they have essentially nothing interchangeable backwards or forwards besides chassis parts.

Hmm, wonder why Suzuki did that? I hate it when manufacturers use us as their R&D people.

Back