99 running worse than a Chinese moped

Denney

Registered
So a few months ago my 99 busa started running bad when it was first started and the engine was cold. It sounded like a cylinder was dead or something but it would clear up once it warmed up. Now it's sounding like it's hitting on 3 cylinders when it's cold but clears up when warm and idling and just lightly reving it but soon as I try to take off it stumbles or if I get in the throttle it'll miss out. Also when it hits rev limiter it misses out. It's to the point were it's almost impossible to ride in town. But if let it idle at a higher rpm for a good while to the point that the motor is starting to almost over heat the bike will run better for a while. Not perfect but better. I have unhooked my power commander, changed spark plugs, cleaned injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pump. Checked all vacuum lines, checked all wires, and bypassed kickstand and clutch safety switches. It's driving me crazy!!!! Anyone else have this problem. Please help I just want it back to normal.

The fuel filter could be clogged causing starvation, 99 and 2000 Busas had an issue with the configuartion of the fule pump and filter which led to clogging up the filter. There are a few threads on this issue on this forum.

Jim

Back