99 busa with FI code c41 fuel pump/relay problem

OZZYBUSA

Registered
My '99 busa just stopped the other day. Code generated is C41 which implies its a fuel pump or fuel pump relay issue.
Changing the relay with a genuine brandnew one from suzuki does not fix the problem!
If I place a jumper wire (short the fuel pump relay harness diagonally) the bike can be started and ridden as per normal with normal power.
Has anyone come across this problem before and can offer some info please.
The busa's booked in to the suzuki service department next Monday (earliest they could see my bike) so if anyone can give some insight I'd sure appreciate the effort.

That code displays when no signal is sent from the fuel pump relay, or there is no power source to the fuel pump relay. Have you check all your fuses and connectors? Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

c41.jpg

From newman "Welcome to the org."

Thanks for the welcome.....

From twotonevert "That code displays when no signal is sent from the fuel pump relay, or there is no power source to the fuel pump relay. Have you check all your fuses and connectors? Welcome to the oRg."

Thanks also to you for the welcome...... happy to be a member of such a great site....thanks...

I have the genuine workshop manual and am familiar with the pages you provided...I certainly thankyou for the info. I will recheck the fuses and connectors and failing that I guess it will be a discontinuity issue. The bike runs a power commander III but I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.............

Hi there,

The problem has been solved regarding the c41 code trouble. Turns out the fuel pump relay connection harness was a little corroded and the fuel pump relay fuse had blown. With the corrosion problem addressed and a fuse replaced and the fuel pump relay replaced my busa is back to its brutal self once again.

Thanks again for all the help you offered me, its appreciated!

Back