99 Busa Riding funny please help

G-ROC

Registered
Whats up fellow busa owners. This is my first post here sorry its under bad circumstances. Thanks for any input ahead of time and please if you have no real knowledge or know how DONT POST!!!....I dont want this to be dragged out. Thanks

My busa has 31,000 on her and it has yiroshima dual exhaust as add on and no extras and no PC. I put in new clutch 5000 miles ago and new cush drive rubbers and new wheel bearings along with spark plugs and rear tire and new front brakes and fresh mobile one oil change since clutch. The brakes went on about 1000 miles ago. I only listed so you know condition and rule out possibilities. The bike was riding with no issues and then one morning i jump on her and she was riding super ruff like shaking wise, it felt like i had a flat tire and like the brakes where on it wouldnt smooth out and it just kept getting worse and wouldnt shift to 6th gear, then abojt 60 miles later it kinda went back to normal or a little better. but still would shake bad over 80 mph and it wouldnt shift to 6th like normal i had to keep trying and trying then it went in but ruff and still just didnt feel right so i parked it. Im scared its the tranny. Sorry for long post any help is much appreciated!!!

Man!!!.....so much for help and support this site isnt what i thought it was. Ill be moving to another dont bother replying. Its been up 4 days with 74 views and not one hit but this is a hayabusa support site???........

Man!!!.....so much for help and support this site isnt what i thought it was. Ill be moving to another dont bother replying. Its been up 4 days with 74 views and not one hit but this is a hayabusa support site???........

Dammit man!!! Bring it to Mooresville nc. I'll fix it

Well never had that happen. You didn't say if it was running ruff standing still or only moving. I would oil level, then check the plugs and wires, then the brakes. Good luck finding why. Hope it is a quick fix summer is here.

Sounds like you may have broken a rod, I'd drain the oil immediately and check for metal shavings...Good luck.
Also the 6th gear issue may be clutch related.

Nice attitude... "This is my first post here..." & "if you have no real knowledge or know how DONT POST!!!" along with "so much for help and support" and "dont bother replying".

Translated: "I've never had anything to contribute, but now I want, no, I am demanding that you as a group help me, and those who help had better be actual mechanics who know what wrong with my bike based only on my vague description of the problem, and you need to correctly diagnose my bike in the time frame that I have in mind but that I haven't expressed to anyone"

Seriously, it was nice that anyone replied at all. Somehow it's OK that he's been a registered user since February, likely viewed hundreds of posts (conjecture on my part, I'll admit) but is upset that 75 people saw his post and did not reply (behavior that he himself engaged in for months) and those of us who might have offered some advice or ideas (like me) were turned off by his attitude and demands.

Take your bike to a mechanic, not a forum. Dolt.

Nice attitude... "This is my first post here..." & "if you have no real knowledge or know how DONT POST!!!" along with "so much for help and support" and "dont bother replying".

Translated: "I've never had anything to contribute, but now I want, no, I am demanding that you as a group help me, and those who help had better be actual mechanics who know what wrong with my bike based only on my vague description of the problem, and you need to correctly diagnose my bike in the time frame that I have in mind but that I haven't expressed to anyone"

Seriously, it was nice that anyone replied at all. Somehow it's OK that he's been a registered user since February, likely viewed hundreds of posts (conjecture on my part, I'll admit) but is upset that 75 people saw his post and did not reply (behavior that he himself engaged in for months) and those of us who might have offered some advice or ideas (like me) were turned off by his attitude and demands.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^

You know, I couldn't have put it any better. I normally do some research before posting and continue researching until I find what I am looking for or until someone else posts. Some kind of bump might have worked just saying. I have had more than enough support from this site. Thanks everyone.

Warp10...nobody asked me... i just wanted to see what help someone with experience could suggest to me conidering the fact that ive read many post with quick and good responses so i was kinda set back with my 4 day wait. I didnt need people to talk like they know or comment and have no real say like what happens on forums at times as well as stupid comments so people that DIDNT really know would keep moving... its funny for 4 to 5 days no one had anything to say till i said i was going else where....i know how a forum works and how to comment its just ive never been on a forum that doesnt post back and the only time they do is when your leaving and to make STUPID comments.....lol you guys are funny.

Forget it and moving on.

Does the bike "run" ruff, as vibrating while sitting still idleing, and/or when revving the engine. As in an engine problem.
Or, does the bike only "ride" ruff, only when moving. As a frame/swingarm, or wheel(s) issue.

More details are needed, as it IS hard to diagnose many problems without actually being there in person.

There are ALOT of good people here to help...including those who already posted.:beerchug:

And for Blrry and gixxer1300r follower-you are exactly the people im talking about NOT to comment.....you have your quick wit at home behind a computer of what you wanna input critically with no real benifit or help.....im not a kid and i dont need your lecture on how to speak or what to say!!!.......if you saw my first post and commented we wouldnt be here talking about your smart comment!!!.......i know i can take to a mechanic and yes i researched for a WEEK thats why i finally posted something that i needed help with and not just waisting anyones time with every little small thing that happens!!!......i. do my own work to my bike its just ive never had it act like this thats why i wanted to see what the ones with knowledge in the busa community had to say to guide me in the right direction not COMMENT CORRECTORS!!!.....and for all others reading this post i apologize if you where offended or took what i said the wrong way.

SIXPACK577-thanks for the quick response!.....when its parked and idling its fine and when you ride normal or like 45 mph its fine but if i get on it it doesnt putter or glitch or hesitate it just has a lack of power like it has a 300lb person riding with me AND if i do about 80 or so for like 5 min its starts vibrating in a weird way???......what do you think.....i thouht it might be the cct or cc itself.....i got the bike in nov with 26000 and i put 6000 on it!!!...and i dont know the previous maintenance done internally

A mechanic told that i miht have dropped a valve!!!.....and i said it doest run like its gonna blow up it just vibrates and when i pull the clutch it stops and rolls fine!....i thought he just wanted my money so i got a little spooked and wanted more suggestions.....i talked to another mechanic he said it may be a fuel filter or pump which sound a little better......i like to get a broad view before tackling something!!

SIXPACK577-thanks for the quick response!.....when its parked and idling its fine and when you ride normal or like 45 mph its fine but if i get on it it doesnt putter or glitch or hesitate it just has a lack of power like it has a 300lb person riding with me AND if i do about 80 or so for like 5 min its starts vibrating in a weird way???......what do you think.....i thouht it might be the cct or cc itself.....i got the bike in nov with 26000 and i put 6000 on it!!!...and i dont know the previous maintenance done internally

What year gen1 is it?
Possible fuel pump or clogged fuel filter issue. Common for gen1's, earlier years especially.

Its a 99 and no i dont see rust it looks ok.....i didnt change the pump or filter!! When im riding also at a set speed it surges you can feel it lightly surging but it doesnt do it when idling only when you ride so you will feel it go fast slow fast slow no matter what speed

Its a 99 and no i dont see rust it looks ok.....i didnt change the pump or filter!! When im riding also at a set speed it surges you can feel it lightly surging but it doesnt do it when idling only when you ride so you will feel it go fast slow fast slow no matter what speed

Clogged fuel filter is the first thing I'de check for. Consider the bike is 15 and it's a common problem. Could be the fuel pump, clogged injector, or ?. But the filter is a good place to start.
Here's the service manual, and there are many threads on these problems, they are what to search for.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/158939-service-manual.html

does the oil light flicker at idle? have you drained the oil and inspected for loose metal? especially copper or brass color? btw if it were a dropped valve it wouldn't idle smoothe.

Back