99 Busa fuel pump whine

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I just recently spent time under my tank changing the plugs, and now I hear a whine of sorts when engaging the fuel pump.

Since I've had it (less than a month) when I hit the start button I could hear the pump priming and engaging, and once it silenced I would start it. However, after doing the plugs the few times I've ridden since then the pump seems to whine a little bit, a new sound on top of what I assumed was normal.

From reading around here I see that the early Busas had a different fuel pump than the others, and that it is a known weak point. Is there anything preemptively I can do? I do not believe I have kinked any hoses or anything but I will double check. I was told it was recently replaced when I bought it, but you guys know how that goes.:whistle:

Any input/experience is appreciated as always.

I would check the lines for kinks, plus check and make sure the pump is not pushed up next to anything solid that could makes a buzzing sound from the vibration of the pump.

if there is no noticable loss of power....then ride the bike. I recommend on 99-00 to buy upgrade pumps rather than oem replacements...

Back