'99 Busa external to internal fuel pump conversion: Thank you goldenchild!!!

Warp 7

Registered
Recent vaporlock problems have forced me to convert my 1999 Hayabusa from the dreaded and original external fuel pump to the 2001+ internal fuel pump, and to do this, I needed advice and I needed parts. Within minutes of my recent post in this forum asking for the needed parts, I received several responses (thanks to all who responded!) and I ended up talking to Goldenchild. I wanted to just put up this post to thank him for supplying ALL of the parts I needed so quickly (right down to the little fuel line clips,) for his encyclopedic knowledge of the Hayabusa's fueling system, for his excellent communication and follow-up on the shipment, and most of all for the very trick "plug and play" wiring harness that he fabricated which will literally allow me to plug in the new mod to the existing harness and plugs and go out and play with my bike. I won't have to cut or splice a single wire, or go down to Autozone and buy myself a box of those funny little crimp-on connectors. These are the little details that make or break a project, and Goldenchild's help has been unbelieveable. This vaporlock problem has been very troublesome to me since I brought my much-beloved '99 Busa up to the heat and high altitude of New Mexico from its original much cooler home at sea level in Alaska, but thanks to Goldenchild, all will be good soon.

FWIW, Goldenchild never asked or encouraged me in any way to post this, but I will say it anyway: If you have a problem or a need for parts for any bike, and not just Hayabusas, you might want to get in touch with him. He will treat you right, and he will make sure you are satisfied with whatever he does for you!

Warp 7
Albuquerque, NM
1999 GSX1300R Hayabusa (Time travel is now possible)
2008 BMW R1200 GS Adventure (Have dirt/will travel!)

Warp 7

Registered
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here for awhile...he's a member of this forum, just look up "goldenchild."

Busabim

Registered
waste of money and time. Stock external fuel pump with secondary low pressure pump solves problem for $30!

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
waste of money and time. Stock external fuel pump with secondary low pressure pump solves problem for $30!
Some do it right and some do things to just get by....I been doing this conversion for years, and they all still running on same pump no issues..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 1999 Busa fuel pump.Hi I am looking for the best replacement 1999 hayabusa external fuel pump and filters and strainers kit with the o rings, General Bike Related Topics 17
N my k9 busa external fuel system pics Engine and Performance mods 3
slowjavelin External fuel pump on a 2000 Busa Turbo with a 2002 Tank Turbo 7
B 2004 Busa grounds disappear when ignition is on General Bike Related Topics 2
rubbersidedown Washing yer Busa when U have no driveway,no hose,no soap and no clue Random Thoughts 7
rubbersidedown Rubb owns the Batman persona on Busa .....(and the Org) BUT.... Safety Gear 7
R Back to Busa land New Owners Forum 14
B Busa gen2 Build New Owners Forum 6
W SURPRISED HOW NIMBLE MY BUSA IS New Owners Forum 4
rubbersidedown Busa mod's that make you wonder/The most bastardized Busa's U have seen General Bike Related Topics 40
ItsDooomz FS: extended rear brake line, ABS model Busa Parts and Modifications 0
D 2000 busa vacuum Engine and Performance mods 3
S Busa depreciation... Off Topic 23
T New 2020 Busa owner in Homewood, Illinois New Owners Forum 21
V 01 Busa Won't Start Busa problems 28
Skywalker 2004 Busa Around Beautiful Colorado for a hell of a sun burn General Bike Related Topics 7
M 1999 Busa Vacuum line setup Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 6
B Gen II Busa on Hwy 18 going UTH. Random Thoughts 3
S Proud Busa owner in Hamburg DE New Owners Forum 18
B New Busa in MO New Owners Forum 28
C 2004 busa idles fast/hanging idle Busa problems 38
K Busa Problem! General Bike Related Topics 5
B 02 Busa jerks on 2nd gear Busa problems 1
P 2006 Busa. Engine dies at 75 mph Busa problems 5
4 405 Busa Boi New Owners Forum 17
Skywalker Hit & Run Busa General Bike Related Topics 7
B First time busa owner in TN!!! New Owners Forum 12
kml Church and Busa General Bike Related Topics 14
C First time Busa owner from KY! New Owners Forum 20
WuzzaCBXRider Sad news of a Busa rider from another site General Bike Related Topics 3
E GEN 1 Dual Exhaust - For Sale - New Two Brothers M2 Black Series Bolt On Busa 99 - 07 Motor and Exhaust 2
S Restore 2000 Busa Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 18
rubbersidedown Busa riding cops give up on H-D,BMW,Yam,Victory etc. Random Thoughts 6
9 Making the busa sing 2night Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
08BusaKY Color a Busa or another bike... General Bike Related Topics 2
T Busa jerky throttle Busa problems 4
G 2001 busa fuel pump General Bike Related Topics 2
mabupa Busa and toilet paper package deal! Off Topic 9
B 2000 busa fuel problem General Bike Related Topics 3
P Busa Noob Gen II Busa Information 22
T 200 busa won't start wont turn over Busa problems 21
Turbo Bob Swapping Gen 2 Busa Engine Into BKing? Engine and Performance mods 1
B Busa cut off at 100+mph Busa problems 16
K-Clive Toronto Sport Tour Busa Showcase Forums 5
H 2000 Busa ECM replacement General Bike Related Topics 7
c10 Making gym equipment from left over Busa parts Off Topic 2
B Busa exhaust question General Bike Related Topics 2
Birdoprey Big valved head on Turbo Busa? Turbo 10
S busa gen2 gas tank? Appearance mods 0
rubbersidedown WE have the Biker Boyz movie for Busa owners,here's one for WuzzaCBXRider Random Thoughts 4