99 Busa Engine Dies off and won't start

speetdemon

Registered
I own a 99 Busa with 16,000 miles on it. My bike will die off and won't turn the engine over again UNLESS, I remove the pressure test screw on the fuel pump and prime the fuel pump. After 2nd key turn at the ignition, gas will be shooting up from the pressure screw hole. Engine will start right off after that. It will idle for 3 minutes and die off again. I have changed all o-rings and removes all strainers and paper filter too. Right now, I am thinking its the fuel pressure regulator getting stuck. I blew in and suck out air using the the tiny vacuum hose attached on it. It didn't work. Anyone can tell if I am having a stuck regulator? If not what else? Help!

By the way, I want to have a better fuel pump system. Any suggestion?

I dont know. I just had to replace my pump with about the same mi. but mine was blowing fuses.

I went through this several years ago with my 99,(God Love Her), anyway it was crap getting inside and locking the impeller up. I always got an FI idiot light though. I was told back then just to get another pump, I even looked into aftermarket pumps. Wasn't any at the time. I saw where you have removed the filter, you did put one between the tank and pump right? That is all I can tell you, mine was fixed after putting an inline filter before the pump. Good luck...

....I saw where you have removed the filter, you did put one between the tank and pump right? That is all I can tell you, mine was fixed after putting an inline filter before the pump. Good luck...

Yeah done that. I have removed the filters and added an in line before the pump. I think that would keep the pump alive for a while. Now I need to get it running.

A friend told me to watch out for air trap/bubbles. That was why I have to bleed thru the pressure screw to get it running (for a while). Any ideas? :please:

Back