94 Suzuki Rm-250

Mason357

Registered
Is there anyway to lower a 94 RM-250 like the lowering links I have on my busa? I have to one leg it to ride because it sits too high and I have a short inseam I'm only 5'5.

I also would like to make it street legal like a dual sport. I think the 94 year had a RMZ-250 that was the same as the RM-250 but street legal. Also I don't have the title to the RM any ideas on how to get a title and make it street legal.

My brother and I learned to ride on this at a very young age. We would use step stools, bench, even start the bike on the kick stand and just blast off and when stopping jump off and hope to hold the bike up. It was pops bike but he was ok if and when we dropped the bike. Sorry not targeting your threads, this bike was special. Probably a good place to get the most accurate street legal questions answered is the local dmw. Or perhaps someone here local to you has done it.

Yes you can lower a dirt bike. Most people can't flat foot a dirt bike, they are made to have maximum ground clearance and suspension travel (for obvious reasons). You do it the same way as your busa, by changing the dog bones. You can also, usually, get an inch or so by sliding the fork tube up the tree.

As far as getting a drit bike street legal every state is different, but you can't license anything without a title.

You may also run into other problems trying to run a mx bike on the street. First being the electrical system. A mx bike s electrical system is designed to run a spark plug, you will be asking it to also run headlights, tail lights, a horn, a speedometer, all of which you have to have on a street legal vehicle. You will probably also have to weight the flywheel. Bikes that are made to turn high rpms don't like to sit at idle or putt around town.

My funny story:

I purchased a dirt bike (Dual Sport Husky 610 TE) as an older guy, the dealer loaded on my truck and I took it home. I unloaded it and with 38" seat height and my 31" inseam, I could not even mount the bike!!! So my buddy stopped by and said "Are you nuts!! That bike is for a young fit kid, not an old fart like you! What were you thinking? Perhaps you should just add 2" to your boots!!"

I first looked at lowering the suspension, but then did exactly what he said. I went to a shoemaker and added 2" to my boots with a little nib to fit the gear change lever.

Long story short, that Husky forced me to get back in shape, lose weight, stretch, and get my flexibility back. So a year later I rode the bike stock without the raised boots and spinned circles around that same buddy in the mud, while he was walking next to his heavy Dual sport BMW scared he would fall over.

If I can give the OP advice, learn to ride it the way it is and enjoy the superb handling and high suspension travel. When you get on the bike, or stop just learn to hang off the one side.

I know they make stators for MX dirtbikes and lighting kits but so many dirtbikes are sold without signing the title over. Has anyone ever tried to get a title to one they bought without? Another bad thing with the RM is that it's 2 stroke so do they make a aftermarket fuel sensor/gauge for bikes that don't have one cause I can't fill it at the gas station.

I had a 73 Yamaha DT3 dual sport I could get both feet on the ground the RM standing straight both feet are 4 to 5in off the ground. The DT also had a oil tank so you put 2 stroke oil in it and reg gas in the tank and the carb mixed the two.

Back