90degree tire stems

Don't know any cons? They look trick and makes it a helluva lot easier 2 put air in the tires. Function and style points...can't go wrong with that in my book :thumbsup:

They are great. Aside from the obvious easier access, the little piston in the valve is pointing perpendicular to the centrifugal force on the tire so it doesn't leak at high speed (was told this by a very knowledgeable mechanic who did not sell them). Straight up valves leak a little bit everything you crank it up. Since I put the angled valves in I haven't had to put air in the tires other than when I wanted a different psi. I was putting air in the tires every ride before, now almost never. Be sure to get the all aluminum ones too.

thats what i was think about because its hard to get a gooe read on tire psi and i ask because i had some stem caps that light up when moving and the guy at the tire shop said that it could pull my stem(rubber)out

They are great. Aside from the obvious easier access, the little piston in the valve is pointing perpendicular to the centrifugal force on the tire so it doesn't leak at high speed (was told this by a very knowledgeable mechanic who did not sell them). Straight up valves leak a little bit everything you crank it up. Since I put the angled valves in I haven't had to put air in the tires other than when I wanted a different psi. I was putting air in the tires every ride before, now almost never. Be sure to get the all aluminum ones too.

i bet u dont know a good place to get online

I think pasha it sells them. You might want to wait for a tire change. Instead of glowy lights get a TPMS from Pashnit too!

I got a set from MotoMummy. Believe they are Ariate' or something like that :laugh: either way they come in several different anodized colors and it's a nice mod for under $30

I just did a tire renew on my girls bike. She loves her Busa but oh did she Biotch about those Effin valvestems. I wish I would have kept the bag and info so I could share it here. I can't remember where I got them but it was like $20ish IIRC. I seem to recall $17 plus shipping. Don't remember where I got them.

Man she LOVES THEM. And yes she has already said, Hey my tires never need any air added. I get so used to mine I forgot how much I hated the OEM ones.

ok guys i tried to pick up some but i got stuck when the guy said what size 8mm or 10 mm i said huh idk u tell me and guess what he said idk eighter wowwww so busa god's i ask what size

I think pasha it sells them. You might want to wait for a tire change. Instead of glowy lights get a TPMS from Pashnit too!

+1

There is even a blog post somewhere, either here on the Org or on the Pashnit website (Modding the Pashnit Busa maybe?) where he shows the new stems and TPMS.

I have them on my bike.

The 10mm is the nut size I believe and the 11.3 is the shoulder size.
The package I had, said 10mm, even though the shoulder is 11.3.
They fit fine and had no problems.

I assume EVERYBODY knows this - but they need to point to the right side of the bike.
If you take you bike or wheels to a shop and handed them the 90° stems, the Tech MIGHT not know they needed to point to the right or
just didn't pay attention to which way the wheel rotated to know which way they needed to go on.

If you change your own I will assume you would have no problems.

I have a red bike so I ordered red stems. They look more pink to me. So if I had it to do over again I would have just gotten black ones because my wheels are black.

I believe I ordered them when I order my tires. Might go that route to save shipping if you haven't got your tires yet as most places have free shipping on
tires and that value would get you free shipping on the valve stems too.

Think I used Link no longer works

Spot on Arch!
To follow up on your valve core leaking at high speed the best fix for that is of course an angled valve stem. However, for those who do not have angled valve stems make sure you keep a valve cap on the stem if you intend to exceed double digits. Best to use metal caps with a rubber seal so no air escapes during those high speed runs.

Back