90 degree valve stems

Zoinks!

Registered
I'd like to get some good quality 90 degree valve stems for the busa. I'm tired of havin to deal with tryin to get around the brakes when I have to check pressure and fill the tires. Anyone have some good sources?

The best quality units I have found. Link to Ariete stems

You want the 11.3 mm versions for stock wheels.  Be careful of some of the other cheeper ones that are smaller in size and not quite the same quality.  The Arete is OEM quality on several aftermarket wheels.

Anyone know what size hole is in the busa wheels? I found some but they say "for italian wheels" They're 8.3mm. Anyone know if they'll fit?

Ok, well nevermind. Lol. My question was answered while I was asking the question.
bowdown.gif

these are for the larger holes?
i know triumph and some others use a small rim hole. and the ones we need are the size of a car one. i might pick me up a set of these

Give me a few and I'll post a few pictures of some I have so you can tell the difference between some of the stuff that is offered out there.

Rock, glad you got yours safe and sound. They come in silver, black and blue, 11.3 for stock wheels, 8.3mm for most aftermarket wheels. Ariete and the ones Rockadaous posted are made in the same foundry, just a different brand tag cast into them. Nothing cheap about these other than the prices
smile.gif

Charlie

Anyone had balance problems with angle stems? or is that hype?

I still have my black set that i have not put on yet.

Sorry my  flash battery was down but you can see the difference here.

top to bottom.

1) Kind of a knock of the Ariete. Usually distributed by K&L I have only seen this in 8.3mm which is too small to be used in OEM wheels. Plastic cap as used on rubber stems. You can tell it is not the quality of the others. Cheap round rubber oring. Machine work not as nice, etc.   Packaging on the upper right.

2) Ariete 8.3 mm stem  Packaging on the lower right

3) Stem made from same manufacturer (Ariete) 8.3 mm included with Marvic wheel. Note early and late version caps. Same casting marks in the stem.

4) Ariete 11.3 mm stem  You can easily see the difference in the size.

As Cat said about the 2-3 appear to come off the same tooling and have a "B" casting mark just like the picture posted earlier. The "knockoff" has a "8" cast into it.

valve1.jpg

You can better see the difference here of the quality in this photo.

valve3.jpg

Anyone had balance problems with angle stems?  or is that hype?

I still have my black set that i have not put on yet.
I just weighed them. Stock Valve stem weighs 10 gram or about .35oz and the 11.3 mm Ariete stem weighs 12 gram or .40 oz"¦. Basically no difference than stock.

Of course the 8.3 mm is lighter.

Back